Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are these hard water spots or windshield defects

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2 month old car. Never driven in rain at night until few days ago. Noticed these spots after wipers go over the windshield. Makes driving really hard at night in rain. Notice that there are other spots and horizontal and vertical lines as well. I’ve tried invisible glass product and that didn’t help. Any tips on how to remove them if these aren’t defects in the windshield.

I noticed this exact same spotting on my pre-owned S which I just bought from Tesla. I think they're from some previous treatment, chemical, water etching or just from having the car out in the sun for long long time...

Very strange, when dry, the glass seems perfectly clean, but when it rains or it gets wet, it's very obvious. It's like tiny tiny water droplets bead in those spots.

In any case, I've been reading around, tried random cleaners, claying, all with zero impact. What did it for me what a couple light passes with a slow speed random orbital polisher, with a soft foam pad and a bit of regular Meguiars 210 (I know, intended for paint, but it's very light, doesn't cut much). Really all it took was about two low pressure passes and the windshield is spotless. All that's left is to decide which sealant to get for it.