Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are you also investing in Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have to wonder if we're going to see the window of opportunity close for tangential information to cause significant drops in TSLA. Over the next 6 months, Tesla is going to have a steady stream of (presumably) good news: Model X reveal, crash test results, first RC builds, test rides, test drives, first shipment. Right now Fisker and Tesla are sort of lumped as "new EV cars", but as Tesla keeps hitting milestones, I'd think that tangential association will diminish.

Fisker might be laying off staff for many reasons, but looking at Tesla's own site they currently have 304 vacancies open ... click the first part of this link:-

Tesla - [url]www.teslamotors.com | High Performance, All Electric Vehicles[/url]

That's never a given. The list of vacancies is typically not refreshed very proactively and there are other reasons for a company to have to advertise an opening (even if it's already filled!) - namely, H1B visa sponsorship for an employee who's not a US citizen or a permanent resident.

Wow, that would be huge. Buffet putting $300million+ on TSLA would quell doubters.
So, does that come out of current shares which means even less of the TSLA is available "in the wild"? Wouldn't that make the conditions for a short squeeze even more likely?

It could happen that way. I think if Berkshire Hathaway were to invest in Tesla they would likely do a deal where Tesla issues them shares. That said, I agree with others that a Buffet investment in Tesla would cause the price to rise and the short-sellers would get squeezed anyway.

Must have been in the chat section. I searched the site and did not find any scraps. Rumors run abound there.

Search "Tesla" and "Berkshire" and this shows up...must have been part of their rumor-ticker as none of the links takes you to anything substantial.

attachment.php?attachmentid=4065&d=1328650192.jpg

benzinga.jpg

I would like to see a little more than this before celebrating.

+1

That's what I thought, so I'm not so sure their backing "solidifies" Tesla since their last backing in the space has sort of... Sucked.

Berkshire Hathaway made a boat load of money on the BYD transaction no matter how you slice it. Yes, BYD has been tanking, and has a bleak future. But, Mr. Buffett will not be "cutting losses." If he sells, he will be selling at a handsome profit albeit less than if he sold earlier, but he'll still profit none the less. A Berkshire Hathaway purchase of Tesla does make sense, but we won't find out until February 15th. I'm now more excited about the possibility of a Berkshire Hathaway purchase than the Model X unveil and the Design Studio launch. This would arguably be the most significant transaction for Tesla to date.

Don't Buy This Buffett Pick (DANG, F, GM, HMC, TM, TSLA, YOKU)

Here's the rumor links:

BenzingaA Chatter for Tuesday February 7, 2012 | Benzinga

RANsquawk - Real-time Analysis News Ltd

Last edited:
There will be plenty more ups and downs for TSLA during 2012. As we saw, any whiff of bad news can trigger a massive sell-off. Faint-of-heart investors would do well to find a less volatile stock. I, on the other hand, believe that the upside on TSLA is sufficient for me to endure the volatility. As my son says, "Good things come to those who wait in small packages."