Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are you also investing in Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not sure I understand your remark about in for the long haul. If you need the Tesla stock to purchase your Model S, and you should receive delivery in less than a year, then how do you figure that's the long haul?

My curiosity relates to my question in posting #448.

Larry

I could still buy it at break even, but will delay purchase if it doesn't go up a reasonable amount. I don't intend to sell all of it at time of purchase. Just enough to provide about $30k toward the purchase. The rest of it I'll hold at least a year. Maybe selling a bit of it each year.

89,000. It took me a while to think what that looks like, to imaging the scale of the problem. That's 1M' of MINI end-to-end.

That's 250 repairs a day for a whole year or, if it were Tesla, assuming the approximate size of Tesla's team of 35 stores doing say, four cars a day, it'd take them over two years to complete that work.

89,000. It took me a while to think what that looks like, to imaging the scale of the problem. That's 1M' of MINI end-to-end.

That's 250 repairs a day for a whole year or, if it were Tesla, assuming the approximate size of Tesla's team of 35 stores doing say, four cars a day, it'd take them over two years to complete that work.
Really gives you a sense of just how low Tesla has set their goal. Not low in a bad sense, but low in the sense of very reasonably achievable.

Now reporting much higher numbers!

All the way over in Frankfurt there’s been an announcement that BMW has recalled some 235,000 vehicles in their Mini brand across the world, citing an electric water pump malfunction as the reason why. What happens with this water pumps is that when it’s supposed to be cooling the turbo charger, it can malfunction and cause the connected electronic circuit board to overheat. This malfunction can then cause the circuit board to smolder or outright catch fire. Mini drivers that this recall might affect should expect communication starting next month.

This recall affects Mini and Mini Cooper vehicles, and those of you that wish to find out more instead of waiting on a call from your friendly BMW dealer should contact BMW directly though their customer relations line here in the USA at 1-800-831-1117 or email [email protected]. Those outside the USA should contact the dealers they purchased their vehicles from.

A spokesperson from BMW has noted that there haven’t been any accidents this far as result of reported malfunctions, so don’t fear, but DO NOT think that it’s not possible for you. They haven’t been extremely specific on which models are affected yet, no years or anything like that, so just on a safe side: assume it’s you. If you are affected, BMW will notify you (if you’ve not already contacted them) and your local dealer will replace the water pump free of charge.

All the way over in Frankfurt there’s been an announcement that BMW has recalled some 235,000 vehicles in their Mini brand across the world

Yes, that was 89,000 only in the US.

A spokesperson from BMW has noted that there haven’t been any accidents this far as result of reported malfunctions, so don’t fear, but DO NOT think that it’s not possible for you. They haven’t been extremely specific on which models are affected yet, no years or anything like that, so just on a safe side: assume it’s you. If you are affected, BMW will notify you (if you’ve not already contacted them) and your local dealer will replace the water pump free of charge.

Well, quote from CNN states "There have been 81 cases of water pump failure in Mini Coopers globally so far, Bauters said, including four engine compartment fires. No accidents or injuries have been reported as a result of this issue."

I personally wouldn't trust the BMW spokesperson. Sorry if this is getting a bit too out of topic.