Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are you also investing in Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One of my rule of thumb in investing is if you can blast a rocket into space, you can probably manage to build a car ;)

Bad rule. See the old Soviet Union.

Whoa there! They were fugly cars but the (Ukrainian) Zaporozhets, (Russian) Zil and (East German) Trabant were über-reliable. The Trabant (let's call it Soviet Bloc) made the Time worst 50 cars of all time list in 2008, but the thing just kept going and going if you took care of it and it was pretty easy to repair. They were smelly, loud and slow but the average lifespan was 28 years....not bad for an ICE!

Do you guys think Tesla is going to make their production goals for this year? IIRC they're supposed to make 5,000 Model S's by the end of this year. If they're not able to pull this off their stock could take a hit.

Elon said he was confidant to reach all numbers in the last investor meeting. Nothing changed since then.

It would take a catastrophic event to deviate the plans. Nothing so far, deliveries starts in 4 months or less.

Countdown begins ;)

Whoa there! They were fugly cars but the (Ukrainian) Zaporozhets, (Russian) Zil and (East German) Trabant were über-reliable. The Trabant (let's call it Soviet Bloc) made the Time worst 50 cars of all time list in 2008, but the thing just kept going and going if you took care of it and it was pretty easy to repair. They were smelly, loud and slow but the average lifespan was 28 years....not bad for an ICE!

They brought Ladas over to Canada. Junk.

Buy tesla-motors-stock Gift in 2 Minutes | #1 in Single Shares of Stock
premium-framed-stock-Tesla-Motors.jpg

Beyond Energy Stocks: Companies That Benefit From $5 Gas | equities.com

There are, however, some companies that could boast a more direct benefit if increasing gas prices push more American consumers towards green technology to avoid driving traditional cars. This could be very direct for companies related with the creation of hybrid and electric cars like Tesla Motors (TSLA). Thinking one step further, the makers of high-tech lithium ion batteries, like A123 Systems (AONE), for instance, could see benefits. What’s more, if demand increases for the lithium ion batteries used in electric cars, that can create increased demand for certain commodities, like electrolytic manganese, and improve market conditions for the companies that produce them.

Next known Telsa Motors items that could move the stock:
  • Design Studio released (2 weeks?)
  • Safety ratings released (6 weeks?)
  • Deal with Daimler for complete powertrain/software finalized and announced (?)
  • Production of first RC car (8 weeks?)
In other words, things look to be pretty quiet for a while, at least from Tesla.

Escalating gas prices could keep positive pressure upwards on TSLA. Also, I have reason to believe that there will soon be an announcement of a major expansion into the California EV charging market by a major player (not Tesla).

Any major oil crisis with sustained high gas prices would help Tesla stock most likely. I don't remember the gas lines from the 70s but I'd imagine that experience would change some people's behavior and choice of car.

Tesla is getting talked up a lot the past week in regards to gas prices rising. It would be fantastic if this chatter could sustain this price level until we get a catalyst from Tesla. I expected the price to fall back to $30, not so sure any more.
No, that's terrible. It would be much better if some wild rumor sent the stock tumbling so more of us can jump in at lower prices and then have some good news raise it back up.