Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are your Ultra White seats defective?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was told they are replacing it for another model x in Vancouver and that another service center (the one my service manager called) found the fix was to replace the seats.

I can tell you that a detail won't help and I sincerely doubt a 'special foam' will do anything. Plus it will likely keep happening in other areas as the synthetic leather they used from one supplier is defective.

I was told they are replacing it for another model x in Vancouver and that another service center (the one my service manager called) found the fix was to replace the seats.

I can tell you that a detail won't help and I sincerely doubt a 'special foam' will do anything. Plus it will likely keep happening in other areas as the synthetic leather they used from one supplier is defective.

I'm wondering if its just the front seats or if the back seats will develop the same. I don't have the back seats used much, so not much wear and tear to see yet.

This is what my sides of the pssanger seat look like

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 270
I'm confident from that photo that you have the defective synthetic leather that my Tesla service advisor spoke of. I'd push for a replacement myself.

I just scheduled an appointment for my seats to be looked at. My driver’s seat is looking like this (5 months since taking delivery of my Model X and only 5,000 miles on it). My middle row has this, too, in small areas, but black instead of gray. That was evident at delivery and they have on my VIN to replace the whole middle row for no charge whenever I’m ready (we have kids in car seats now, anyway, so waiting). Did you ever take yours in to service? If so, what did they say?

This is what my sides of the pssanger seat look like
I just scheduled an appointment for my seats to be looked at. My driver’s seat is looking like this (5 months since taking delivery of my Model X and only 5,000 miles on it). My middle row has this, too, in small areas, but black instead of gray. That was evident at delivery and they have on my VIN to replace the whole middle row for no charge whenever I’m ready (we have kids in car seats now, anyway, so waiting). Did you ever take yours in to service? If so, what did they say?

They said its regular wear and tear. Not covered under warranty.