Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arizona - Phoenix and Tucson Corridor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Charging with a lower current. I.e. throttle current down to say 16A instead of the full 40. I believe.

Yes... Although its either charge at 120V or dial a 240V down to 6A, not 16...

There's some discussion on it in some other threads... Don't have a link handy, but they also recommend starting the slow charge after getting the battery to below 50%... There is debate on whether to charge to 90% (full standard) or to 100% (range) -- apparently the battery balancing works on standard charge for Roadsters, so the though is that it works on the S also. I figure I'll give it a shot one of these weekends, but will wait until temps drop so the battery doesn't need to also be cooled...

Thanks for the info. I spoke with Tim and Randy at the PHX service center and they both insist I charge to 90% to prolong battery life. I was thinking 60-70% would be best because of our hot summers. Any thoughts?

I left mine at 80% charge, somehow it just doesn't feel right to leave the battery at a high SOC level while my garage stays in the low 100s to high 90s throughout the night. Officially, Tesla says to always plug in and do a standard charge, so it's no surprise Tim and Randy is toeing the company line.

The service center said that it was for squealing, which I thought was already handled.

Where is the service bulletin? My car has really bad squealing and wind noise. They tried to fix it and put some stuff to seal it but Tim said that they need a new seal and it will take few weeks to get it. I haven't received a call yet and wondering if service bulletin has any more info.

A wealthy friend of mine stopped by the Tesla store in Scottsdale last week and is sold on the S, but wants to test drive before reserving. I told him the Tesla community could likely provide him a test drive.

If someone is willing to let him take a test drive in their S, it would lead to another sale for Tesla and an additional S owner in AZ. He is a business owner in Prescott, so it would have to be on the weekend down in the valley. Please PM me your phone number and I will exchange info if you can help.

Where is the service bulletin? My car has really bad squealing and wind noise. They tried to fix it and put some stuff to seal it but Tim said that they need a new seal and it will take few weeks to get it. I haven't received a call yet and wondering if service bulletin has any more info.

I don't know where you could find a copy of the service bulletin. I was scheduling with Tim this past Friday to check my battery and he told me the TSB came out a few days ago. He said that they are slowly notifying everyone with the pano roof.

I just watched the video of Tesla owners taking the track at the Richmond International Raceway (Virginia) to draw attention to the Tesla Model S due to Virginia's law that prohibits selling TMS's in Virginia. Should we do the same at the Phoenix International Raceway in Avondale AZ? I think it'd be kinda fun for us all to gather there for a few laps around the track!! Media? Heck! We are the media.. we know more about the car than most anyone! We could answer questions and get a little more media coverage for the MS. Maybe Tesla Scottsdale could set his event up. Any thoughts?

I just watched the video of Tesla owners taking the track at the Richmond International Raceway (Virginia) to draw attention to the Tesla Model S due to Virginia's law that prohibits selling TMS's in Virginia. Should we do the same at the Phoenix International Raceway in Avondale AZ? I think it'd be kinda fun for us all to gather there for a few laps around the track!! Media? Heck! We are the media.. we know more about the car than most anyone! We could answer questions and get a little more media coverage for the MS. Maybe Tesla Scottsdale could set his event up. Any thoughts?

I live in Buckeye and will have my car in the next week or two. PIR is only 15 minutes from my house, I would love to participate in something like this. I don't have time to drive this forward or organize such an event, but I would love to participate - count me in!

I'm in Prescott, but....

A wealthy friend of mine stopped by the Tesla store in Scottsdale last week and is sold on the S, but wants to test drive before reserving. I told him the Tesla community could likely provide him a test drive.

If someone is willing to let him take a test drive in their S, it would lead to another sale for Tesla and an additional S owner in AZ. He is a business owner in Prescott, so it would have to be on the weekend down in the valley. Please PM me your phone number and I will exchange info if you can help.

My S60 isn't due for delivery until the second week of September, but I live in Prescott. If your friend would like to chat about the car, he can email me at [email protected], and we can connect. Obviously I can't give him a drive, but I've become fairly knowledgeable about the car, and can at least maybe answer some questions.

TSCS charging into Texas... Houston Chronicle....

By the end of the year, Model S owners will be able to travel from Los Angeles to New York, Miami to Boston and Vancouver to Phoenix, Georgeson said.

AWESOME!!!

I am glad to read her stating travel to Phoenix will be enabled by the end of the year!! That means TSCS in areas near Beaumont CA, Indio CA, Blythe CA, and Buckeye AZ are going to have to start breaking ground pretty soon. This is great news for all of us!

- - - Updated - - -

Great to see Fremont CA supercharger now online, San Marco TX completed! I think the TSCSNetwork roll out is one of the most critical components of TM. Woodburn OR will probably be next... and at some point the coasts will connect!! I have to pinch myself once in while to remind me we are seeing this in realtime! My infant granddaughter will read about this in a history book. The TSCSNR is beyond awesome... one station at a time! I'm very proud to be an owner of a Tesla Model S, a building block of the greatest transformational change in automotive transportation this century.

Go TESLA!!!! When our 1st Arizona supercharger DOES go online I hope everyone in AZ that owns a TESLA will show up for the ribbon cutting!

Again, we are a part of the GREATEST TRANSFORMATIONAL CHANGE IN AUTOMOTIVE TRANSPORTATION THIS CENTURY..... I shake my head every time I think about it!! ...... and with Arizona owning the sun!!! ...solar panels on our roofs.... we are able to charge our cars for free at home too! Amazing!

Anybody know where in Buckeye the supercharger is supposed to be located? The dot on the Tesla map appears to be right at the intersection of 85 and I-10. I drove up and down that area, took the 85 on and off ramps each way, drove up and down Miller, Watson, Verrado and Jackrabbit but did not see anything that would resemble a supercharger installation. There is a big expansion going on in Verrado with a lot of electric service vehicles out there, but I think that is more to do with the subdivision build-out than anything else.

Anybody know where in Buckeye the supercharger is supposed to be located? The dot on the Tesla map appears to be right at the intersection of 85 and I-10. I drove up and down that area, took the 85 on and off ramps each way, drove up and down Miller, Watson, Verrado and Jackrabbit but did not see anything that would resemble a supercharger installation. There is a big expansion going on in Verrado with a lot of electric service vehicles out there, but I think that is more to do with the subdivision build-out than anything else.

Considering that the site work is the last ~4 weeks of an installation, I don't think we'll see any physical work for at least another month. Additionally, it seems that the crews work from a starting point and then follow the network -- the WA SCs were worked on simultaneously, and those crews are now down in Oregon. So we may see work in CA on the Beaumont/Indio and Blythe ones before we see work here.

I'm just hoping site work is underway by Nov 1 -- we're planning a trip up to BC at Christmas and we'll make the decision on driving or flying in early Nov. In order to drive the Tesla, we will need SCs in at least Blythe and Beaumont, CA to get into the LA area, and then need another ~3 SCs added in NorCal and southern Oregon... We can reach Blythe from our house without needing to top off in Buckeye. But the elevation gain heading home will likely need a stop in Buckeye...

Considering that the site work is the last ~4 weeks of an installation, I don't think we'll see any physical work for at least another month. Additionally, it seems that the crews work from a starting point and then follow the network -- the WA SCs were worked on simultaneously, and those crews are now down in Oregon. So we may see work in CA on the Beaumont/Indio and Blythe ones before we see work here.

I'm just hoping site work is underway by Nov 1 -- we're planning a trip up to BC at Christmas and we'll make the decision on driving or flying in early Nov. In order to drive the Tesla, we will need SCs in at least Blythe and Beaumont, CA to get into the LA area, and then need another ~3 SCs added in NorCal and southern Oregon... We can reach Blythe from our house without needing to top off in Buckeye. But the elevation gain heading home will likely need a stop in Buckeye...
I need something in AZ by the end of October for my annual drive from Napa to Tucson.

I need something in AZ by the end of October for my annual drive from Napa to Tucson.

Bill, you are welcome to use my HPWC in Buckeye, AZ. You can grab 60 miles of ideal range per hour, I have it on a 100A breaker. You can find my residential charger on Plugshare.com in addition to a phone number and email address. Send me a note to let me know when you'll be in town. If I am around, I would be happy to open up the garage so you can charge up.