Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arizona - Phoenix and Tucson Corridor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone going to National Plug in Day on Sept 28 in Scottsdale? I am registered and so far only see 5 Model S. hope to see some of you there!!

Day: Saturday, September 28th, 2013
Time: 3 PM to dark
9175 E Indian Bend Rd · Scottsdale
Scottsdale, AZ, United States

I just registered today. There's also a Tesla drive that starts at 2 pm at Fashion Square ending at the Pavillions. You should join us for the drive. You can register at http://teslaowners.us.

Kevin

Anyone going to National Plug in Day on Sept 28 in Scottsdale? I am registered and so far only see 5 Model S. hope to see some of you there!!

Day: Saturday, September 28th, 2013
Time: 3 PM to dark
9175 E Indian Bend Rd · Scottsdale
Scottsdale, AZ, United States

I registered last night -- was the 7th Model S. We originally were going to be out of town, so I didn't register earlier. But we just cancelled the trip, so now will go to this...

Edit -- I just registered for the drive too... See ya there...

Last edited:
Hey guys, proud new AZ Tesla owner. Took delivery of mine last weekend. Ill post a few pics. I found you guys by looking up DMV info and sales tax info. I am sitting at DMV now and glad i was able to reference this thread. I thought i was in trouble when the lady said they are out of plates in the alternative fuel selection. After she went to talk to her manager for 10mins, all was good! Paid sales tax at window and got my alternative fuel plate. Said i could not register for 5 years. I decided not to fight her on it and when i renew next year i will go longer. Im thinking of going to the meet up tomorrow at 2pm.

I dropped off "Tessie - #562" (I know, not original) at the Service Center today as a trade in for my Model S which is due tomorrow. I sort of feel like I've deserted a family member or a pet that needed to be put down. Really a sad feeling. I'm not a car guy, so the Roadster was the most fun car I've ever driven. I hope someone gives her a great new home and loves her like I did. Now, if I could just shake the feeling that the police are going to show up and say, "We know you deserted her, your fingerprints are all over her body!"

I may have engaged in blasphemy today. I look my MS to a car wash . . . In many ways it looked like your traditional car wash with a tunnel, water and soap squirting on cars, a huge focused wind machine to blow off every spec of H2O off the car. But there were real live people in the tunnel actually doing the washing after the car was drenched with soapy pre-wash and before it got to the rinse.

It felt pretty safe, but I wonder what I'm missing. I felt reassured to have followed a seven-series BMW and felt even better when the next car on the car wash assembly line was a Rolls Royce. I went to Classic Car Spa on North Scottsdale Road.

Don't worry Mark... I've taken my car there a few times now. Your new tenant takes her car there too They do a decent job...

Just avoid Danny's. They broke the drivers seat on my wife's old Mjni back in '06 and then refused to cover repairs. I haven't been to any of their locations since (and applauded when they went bankrupt)...

Don't worry Mark... I've taken my car there a few times now. Your new tenant takes her car there too They do a decent job...
Thanks Matt. . . . A funny thing happened at the car wash. The attendant left the key fob on the seat and the car locked. Pressing on the door handles wouldn't open the car. I used my Android App to open the car. Glad I didn't leave my phone in the car!

Am taking delivery (on Monday!) of my P85 in the area - it was too difficult to have it done in Alaska.

Could anyone provide recommendations of full-body wrappers here? I know there is one such a few posts back - thanks!

Audie

Am taking delivery (on Monday!) of my P85 in the area - it was too difficult to have it done in Alaska.

Could anyone provide recommendations of full-body wrappers here? I know there is one such a few posts back - thanks!

Audie

Many of us have used Cactus Window Tint on Raintree in Scottsdale. They do an excellent job...

they did a full front wrap including the mirrors and headlights on mine, plus tint...

We also got ours done at Cactus. Rick and his crew were great and stand by their work! We even had him remove the factory PPF and do a full front wrap as the factory film had started to peel after only having it for 3 days. We also did a stacked tint on the windows that he recommended and are very happy with the results.

Audie

Not to be a downer, but I had also read on one of the forums that someone had called the Yuma Hilton Garden Inn where the SuperCharger is going to be installed and they mentioned that there was some kind of delay and the charger would not be installed until sometime next year. But maybe that has all changed with the permit being issued.

Not to be a downer, but I had also read on one of the forums that someone had called the Yuma Hilton Garden Inn where the SuperCharger is going to be installed and they mentioned that there was some kind of delay and the charger would not be installed until sometime next year. But maybe that has all changed with the permit being issued.
I gotta think that the current info from the people at the Hilton Garden Inn is better than the permit that was issued months ago from the city council.