Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Artificial Intelligence

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

nwdiver

Feb 17, 2013
United States
CGP Grey posted a new video on Machine Learning that was somewhat eye-opening. I knew that AI was incredibly complicated... what I didn't realize was that no one really knows how it does what it does... It's more than a little unsettling... My understanding of this is that engineers 'understand' how Tesla Autopilot works in the same sense that Natural Selection 'understands' how humans don't fall over? The conditions are created to enable something to occur but how that actually works LITERALLY no one knows?

Deep Learning Footnote;

Reactions: malcolm and DOCAL
Don't we already have artificial intelligence? Just like artificial flavoring, right? is this a bad joke?? or a good one!

reminder: So far, no accurate theory of how batteries actually work. You can't predict how a new chemical mixture (or variation) will work.
Jeff Dahn

Thinking in the long term. Two fine videos consider long time scales.

Four years later …

How come a teenager can learn how to drive a car in some 20 hours, while it takes many orders of magnitude longer to teach a computer how to drive? This video delves into the question, but it is long, 2:45 h.