Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Assuming you have a Tesla - S, X, or 3 - what would you want as a second vehicle?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model 3 is next. Maybe to be replaced with a Y or a Roadster in the future. We only need a two seater for local trips, with the X for long trips. My wife likes the FWD's on the X, making the Y a future possibility as our "smaller" car. The Roadster would have to be reasonably priced, but would be a fun choice.

Reactions: EinSV
My answer is "none." I went from a LEAF to a Tesla so that I could get RID of my second car, a Jeep Cherokee and still be able to do 2000 mile road trips. No more oil changes, tune-ups, brake jobs, muffler repairs, and so forth. If I feel the need to tackle a mountain Jeep road again, I can rent one.

On Imogene Pass, IP 728edsf, 9-10-01.jpg

^ My former Jeep at Imogene Pass. Sticking to regular roads in my Tesla, for now.

Reactions: dhrivnak and GSP
A Model 3 would be the ideal second vehicle for me (and it would have been if my SO hadn't wrecked her previous car forcing me to get a Leaf as a second car).

We have a Chevy Volt as our second car as we wanted something to tow our ALiner pop up camper. MANY of the places we go don't have power let alone Super or destination chargers. Yet we still get much of the benefit of driving electric. And if the campsite has power our touring is then on all electric.

I'd really like a Leaf with 250 mi range, supercharging support and a temperature controlled battery. But since that's not happening, I'm stuck with a Leaf for in-town and a 70D for road trips. Oh well, I'll suffer through.

Have a P85 now. Keeping it for at least another year before finally upgrading to an AP2 Model S.
Have a 3 on order.
Want an X also, I'm tall, easier to get in and out of.
I will take a Roadster next assuming it's big enough for me to fit. Original Roadster way too small.

Currently I'm single so they are all for me....sort of :) I plan on renting them all on Turo and the Tesla Network when that is ready as well.

I see no reason to get anything other than Teslas in the next 2 - 5 years. I only want to support companies that are 100% electric.

What motivates these kind of questions? Serves no useful purpose or survey. Just random sitting in the dentist chair dream up questions or something?
A more interesting question is why you feel the need to make fun of someone else's question just because you think it's silly. You've potentially made someone feel bad and you gained absolutely nothing. The pointless post on this thread - is yours.