Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Atari games coming . . .

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not FSD. But it could be more about interactivity between controls and screen.

If Tesla wants to cut delivery employee time, while still providing useful information to customers, an interactive learning mode would be a great way to do it. Tesla might want games designers/programmers for that in order to make it fun and engaging.

Good thought.

So..ive been thinking about this. Is the steering wheel capable via software to disengage from turning the wheels? So either with the car in park, you can turn the wheel for the video game and the wheels stay stationary, OR. when parked and turning the wheel for the video game, the actual wheels of your car turn and you mark up your driveway..garage..wear down the rubber... ?

How the heck does that work? Last I checked the steering wheel was connect to this pesky steering rack. Do you really want to be beating on that hardware while playing Pole Position?

This was exactly my first thought as well. I'm very curious how this will work. I'm guessing that it will be very sensitive, and that you won't have to turn the wheel enough to cause any wear. Think about how wide the track is on PP. You won't have to turn the wheel much to go from one side to the other.

Reactions: SpudLime
This was exactly my first thought as well. I'm very curious how this will work. I'm guessing that it will be very sensitive, and that you won't have to turn the wheel enough to cause any wear. Think about how wide the track is on PP. You won't have to turn the wheel much to go from one side to the other.

If they use the torque sensor, the wheels won't need to move at all. Also, an adjustable force level for full range makes it playable by people with lower arm strength. Clockwise force:mover right, CCW force: move left. Not as handy for bomber man or pong where absolute position matters...

Reactions: SpudLime
If they use the torque sensor, the wheels won't need to move at all. Also, an adjustable force level for full range makes it playable by people with lower arm strength. Clockwise force:mover right, CCW force: move left. Not as handy for bomber man or pong where absolute position matters...

Can you envision the public walking by a supercharger and seeing a lineup of Tesla drivers doing this? They're going think we are loopy. :confused:

Can you envision the public walking by a supercharger and seeing a lineup of Tesla drivers doing this? They're going think we are loopy. :confused:
They might be correct...

I can't envision where I'd use this at a charging stop on a road trip. Plug in, hit the restroom and grab a drink/snack, and I'm on my way. My fear is with all the TM3's hitting the road, the limited chargers in some parts of the country will be full, and with reduced paired charging speeds, what to do with the longer stops, especially for those with kids. But then, they'll probably have their heads buried in a phone or tablet, and lower quality Atari games would be passe.

I can imagine the post now...

Thread: Unexpected Thrust

My [spouse|partner|friend] says that they only slammed the accelerator to thrust out of the way of an asteroid, but the car went crazy and started moving (quickly) and went into an uncontrolled spin. When I spoke to someone from Tesla, they checked the logs and said that it wasn't the car's fault and rather rudely suggested that my [spouse|partner|friend] should "Play it safe and stick to Atari mode".

• Funny
Reactions: mongo
It would be Okay if Tesla disable gaming while driving. I do not think it is really necessary to have gaming build in. Most Tesla users will have a smartphones anyway. If you just want to have a bigger screen why not just have ability to show phone screen on a Tesla monitor? Much simpler solution. Also, as many noticed, do we have other Tesla software projects finished and bug free?