Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Atari Games

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do not think this was intended to be a true video game console. It is just a simple Easter Egg.
Actually, as I understand it the Tesla runs Ubuntu 18.04 and Mame to run the video games. I run Mame on a Raspberry Pi for my kids with thousands of games and I would guess that the Tesla computer is a lot faster than a Raspberry Pi so in theory, we should be able to play all Mame games with USB gamepads!

• Informative
Reactions: gt2690b and djlott
I played Pole Position in my sister's brand new M3. Jealous of the fluid touch screen experience vs. my Nov 2017 MS 75D with MCU1. Now I see what all the fuss is about with frame rates. Centipede was ACTUALLY playable in her car! No contest really.

Sigh.

Still love the car of course.

Actually, as I understand it the Tesla runs Ubuntu 18.04 and Mame to run the video games. I run Mame on a Raspberry Pi for my kids with thousands of games and I would guess that the Tesla computer is a lot faster than a Raspberry Pi so in theory, we should be able to play all Mame games with USB gamepads!

I ve seen people do you tube videos regarding usb hub issues with a gamepad in their deep console box so it must work....was about to try it this evening actually! Will report back later!