Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Atlantic Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
True, I get that part, but once you are there I was wondering if there were chargers available. To be honest, I'm a bit worried about the drive from Quebec City to Sydney as well. I will be checking out Plug Share to see what there is available, looks like a good app.
Most of the Chademo stations I visited going between Montreal and Halifax had a L2 charger integrated into them, so it shouldn’t be to hard to keep charged up, it just won’t be as fast.

I just returned today from a trip through New Brunswick and Nova Scotia. I had been a bit worried as well about the charging situation after Riviere-du-Loup, but I was very impressed by the Chademo chargers - especially the excellent network in New Brunswick along the Trans Canada! I never had to wait to charge, and I only delayed one other Tesla driver for 5 minutes as I was finishing up. I'm envious, given the poor results from the Ontario rollout of L2 and L3 chargers over the last few years. Nova Scotia is a bit behind N.B., but my experience there was very good as well.

I just returned today from a trip through New Brunswick and Nova Scotia. I had been a bit worried as well about the charging situation after Riviere-du-Loup, but I was very impressed by the Chademo chargers - especially the excellent network in New Brunswick along the Trans Canada! I never had to wait to charge, and I only delayed one other Tesla driver for 5 minutes as I was finishing up. I'm envious, given the poor results from the Ontario rollout of L2 and L3 chargers over the last few years. Nova Scotia is a bit behind N.B., but my experience there was very good as well.

Yes, NB power has done an outstanding job of getting Chademo/CCS rolled out across the province, but unfortunately it's only a single unit at each location with a J1772 beside it.
It's opened the area up for EVs and we are expecting our X to arrive within the next week or so. Chademo adapter is scheduled to arrive on Tuesday.
However, with this growth, soon enough, there will be lineups regularly at the Chademo locations and I heard that NB power was just told by the EUB they weren't allowed to expand the charger network any further for the time being.

I'm invited to a small focus group for NB Power next week, so hope to hear more when there.

(Was hoping to have the X delivered in the parking lot of the hotel during the meeting just for fun, but they won't get it to me by then.)

In the same statement confirming Yamachiche (under construction) will be the second and last Supercharger site to open this year in Quebec, Tesla also mentioned there would be another Atlantic Canada location coming this year. (And Brockville, ON.)
Brockville already has a confirmed location where as for Atlantic Canada, Enfield?

In the same statement confirming Yamachiche (under construction) will be the second and last Supercharger site to open this year in Quebec, Tesla also mentioned there would be another Atlantic Canada location coming this year. (And Brockville, ON.)
Anything else for the rest of Canada?

Looks like it's Edmundston (permint application). Wouldn't have been my first choice considering it's close to Riviere du Loup and still does fill the gap from Aulac but ah well, we'll take what we can get I guess. It's just a permit application though. Guessing Woodstock could still jump into action?

Not really the right time of year to be adding an island, methinks.
Maybe next year, right?