Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Atlantic Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Posted a similar response in the Yamachiche thread:
Yamachiche is actually a partnership with Irving, not necessarily with the proprietor of La Porte de la Mauricie. On the Irving’s site, this is 1 of 6 Big Stops in Quebec. Looking through other results, I have found other good possible locations (mainly in Atlantic Canada, reason for the similar post here)
- only Big Stop in Ontario : Pembroke
- Salisbury Big Stop (Moncton)
- Truro Heights Big Stop (Truro)
- Enfield Big Stop (6757 Hwy 2, Enfield) this is probably the future Enfield Supercharger.
- Aulds Cove Big Stop (NS) - near Port Hastings, if that helps
To note: Edmundston’s Grey Rock Truck Stop actually isn’t an Irving, so it may be a separate partnership.

• Informative
Reactions: JPM66
Yamachiche is actually a partnership with Irving, not necessarily with the proprietor of La Porte de la Mauricie. On the Irving’s site, this is 1 of 6 Big Stops in Quebec. Looking through other results, I have found other good possible locations (mainly in Atlantic Canada, reason for the similar post here)
- Enfield Big Stop (6757 Hwy 2, Enfield) this is probably the future Enfield Supercharger.
To note: Edmundston’s Grey Rock Truck Stop actually isn’t an Irving, so it may be a separate partnership.

I would add Woodstock to that list

Reactions: NoBeard

Well said. And I will say that Edmundston location was a surprise to me - but a very good choice.

Was going to post this in the Supercharger - Saint John, NB thread, but it concerns mainly all Superchargers n Atlantic Canada:

EDC43898-B176-4777-905A-E8332BCFE5EC.jpeg

There are some other corrections to be made on this board. To name a few:

- Enfield, NS is open
- Woodstock, NB is under construction
- the pin for Saint-Leonard is way off point
- Yamachiche, QC is located at an Irving Big Stop

There are also 2 new locations which have been suggested: St-Liboire, QC and North Conway, NH. Although I am keen to see more Superchargers going up, I would find the St-Liboire location a bit irrelevant for Superchargers. It is at an almost equal distance from Drummondville than from Saint-Léonard-d’Aston, and doesn’t connect with any major routes, apart from maybe the 116.

- Yamachiche, QC is located at an Irving Big Stop

There are also 2 new locations which have been suggested: St-Liboire, QC and North Conway, NH. Although I am keen to see more Superchargers going up, I would find the St-Liboire location a bit irrelevant for Superchargers. It is at an almost equal distance from Drummondville than from Saint-Léonard-d’Aston, and doesn’t connect with any major routes, apart from maybe the 116.

Perhaps, the Yamachiche location is not the result of a deal with Irving. It could be either a local Irving franchisee or property owner (Halte 174) who negotiated with Tesla. Irving doesn't appear to have any Big Stops in Quebec.

I agree that St-Liboire is not a priority at the current time. The Irving24s in Mont Joli and Forestville would be better locations.

Actually, it is. Google Street View shows it as does Plugshare .

PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You

Google Maps
Oh weird. I just remembered the Halte 174 and then I looked up some pics online that showed it as an Esso, but I guess Irving must have bought it recently. Went back and looked at my pics from when I charged there, but none of them had the gas station or gas station sign in them. In any case, it isn't a Big Stop so it is definitely less obvious that it is an Irving.

New Brunswick question: I see the Tesla Superchargers going up along the South and Western sections of NB. Another along the Eastern side see any SC sites? I know they won't be ready in time for me to use them, but it'd be nice to have a second route up incase there's flooding near St Johns & Fredericton. (Added bonus, I could get to the Miramachi runways easier as well :p :D )

I wonder if Irving has any specific pull or anything written into their contracts with Tesla in terms of future charger expansion. In case no one has noticed, so far all the superchargers have landed at Irving locations and although the Big Stops are definitely suitable, big open, well lit parking lots in good traffic locations. I can't help but think that these locations weren't entirely determined by Tesla and as luck would have it, they so happened to be Irving locations. I'm kinda thinking Irving may have had some say in the matter. That being said, I do believe that's a positive thing at least for now. I'd think Irving will want to lock down the other potential sites as quickly as possible which will hopefully mean expansion to the other areas of the Maritimes in the very near future.

I wonder if Irving has any specific pull or anything written into their contracts with Tesla in terms of future charger expansion. In case no one has noticed, so far all the superchargers have landed at Irving locations and although the Big Stops are definitely suitable, big open, well lit parking lots in good traffic locations. I can't help but think that these locations weren't entirely determined by Tesla and as luck would have it, they so happened to be Irving locations. I'm kinda thinking Irving may have had some say in the matter. That being said, I do believe that's a positive thing at least for now. I'd think Irving will want to lock down the other potential sites as quickly as possible which will hopefully mean expansion to the other areas of the Maritimes in the very near future.
As the landlord, I am sure they did. I mean, the Quispamsis location is a good example of a not so suitable choice - as the Lorneville gas stations (with a Tims there too) would have been far better from a Tesla owner's perspective. My feeling is that Irving wanted it at that location instead.

New Brunswick question: I see the Tesla Superchargers going up along the South and Western sections of NB. Another along the Eastern side see any SC sites? I know they won't be ready in time for me to use them, but it'd be nice to have a second route up incase there's flooding near St Johns & Fredericton. (Added bonus, I could get to the Miramachi runways easier as well :p :D )
I sent an email and gave them the 3 must haves for north nb, Campbellton, Bathurst and Miramichi.
Got a polite response. Everyone needs to do the same so they hear there is demand, though since they can track all of our locations at all times, I suspect they have plenty of usage data.

I sent an email and gave them the 3 must haves for north nb, Campbellton, Bathurst and Miramichi.
Got a polite response. Everyone needs to do the same so they hear there is demand, though since they can track all of our locations at all times, I suspect they have plenty of usage data.
The thing is - they track our cars. They know where we go, where we charge, how long we charge etc... it makes us super easy for them to prioritize where to place supercharger.s. Not so say we can’t request, but they have the real, hard data to make proper decisions.

The thing is - they track our cars. They know where we go, where we charge, how long we charge etc... it makes us super easy for them to prioritize where to place supercharger.s. Not so say we can’t request, but they have the real, hard data to make proper decisions.
Sort of. The problem is that most people aren't going to be taking their Tesla to places that are difficult to get to due to lack of superchargers. If they're determined to go there then many will fly, go by train, or take a different car (ICEV), etc. So by tracking where people are driving their cars, yes, Tesla'll get lots of data. But conclusions based only on them are going to be highly susceptible to Survivorship Bias. Tesla also needs to be asking where aren't people driving their Teslas but would like to or otherwise be expected to in decent numbers. That's a much more difficult question to answer based solely on the data Tesla has internally available. Which is why feedback and suggestions/requests from owners should be a valuable resource.

• Love
Reactions: TaylorSMarks

1. You did read the whole post you quoted right? Where I finished by saying...

... though since they can track all of our locations at all times, I suspect they have plenty of usage data.

I guess I should have expanded the thought that they already have plenty of usage data, just no non-usage data, but @mociaf9 came to the rescue (Thank you) with a much more eloquent description of the problem than i'd have done....

Sort of. The problem is that most people aren't going to be taking their Tesla to places that are difficult to get to due to lack of superchargers. If they're determined to go there then many will fly, go by train, or take a different car (ICEV), etc. So by tracking where people are driving their cars, yes, Tesla'll get lots of data. But conclusions based only on them are going to be highly susceptible to Survivorship Bias. Tesla also needs to be asking where aren't people driving their Teslas but would like to or otherwise be expected to in decent numbers. That's a much more difficult question to answer based solely on the data Tesla has internally available. Which is why feedback and suggestions/requests from owners should be a valuable resource.

2. Precisely, I could deliver more of our product to Campbellton in the Tesla if I had the ability to Supercharge instead of Chademo Charge on what is already a 16+ hour day. Instead it goes there in Diesel truck and as the truck is back "home" it means that truck isn't going to go with just the farthest product on it, it make more sense to have it also do the ones I can do in a 12 hour day in the Tesla with Chademo: Miramichi, Shippagan, Caraquet, Bathurst while on the way to Campbellton.

That area of the province is also well known tourist beach cottage area with lots of people who may well drive their Teslas to the summer cottage if they had easier access to their fuel of choice, but instead will bring the ice in the ICE.

There are also the same problems in NS, I'd love to see Cape Breton and both sides of Southern NS covered with enough SC's to realistically sustain Tesla traffic there, especially as the Chademo backups become busier.

That’s a good point. Although when I started driving back up home to Saint John from the southwest US, I used lots of Chademo options, destination chargers and even wall plugs along the way. (The Bangor Nissan was practically famous band then) there were/are plenty of us who travel to low/no coverage areas.