Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Atlantic Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I sent a note to plugshare as it has the Lincoln and Aulac superchargers marked as 120KW. I have witnessed both of these charging in the 130s. Either they have been upgraded to 150s or perhaps the first people testing them only had cars capable of taking 120? Not sure, either way, they are definitely now 150s. I have a feeling this is also the case for Enfield and St.Leonard as both of those are also marked as 120. If anyone is using these chargers soon make sure to take note and update plugshare accordingly.
They all show 150kW on the Tesla website.

Would probably make more sense to get better coverage in Nova Scotia and even New Brunswick than to tackle Newfoundland at this time. I'm talking beyond even the Coming Soon(!) pins shown on the map. I.e. NE New Brunswick, southern Nova Scotia, Sherbrooke, and at least one more on Cape Breton Island. Newfoundland would be a total beast and not many Tesla owners are putting their car on the ferry to get there so it's less useful for long distance travel.

Pre covid I used to do a yearly trip from ME to Newfoundland. Now that we have a MY I would like to do the trip with that instead of my Tundra (Ideally with my Cyber Truck when it arrives). It looks like a number of non Tesla DC chargers are being built. That will limit us to 50kw via the adapter.
Hopefully, Tesla installs 250+kw superchargers to support this great location.

I've been informed that the Supercharger slated for Charlettown PEI is being installed somewhere between Boom Burger (9 Milky Way, Charlottetown, PE C1E 2E2) and COWS Creamery (12 Milky Way, Charlottetown, PE C1E 2E2). The contractor knows that the hardware for the installation is in Dartmouth NS (probably waiting to clear quarantine), so that points to the Aulds Cove & New Glascow Supercharger gear being there as well (otherwise why would the PEI hardware have come to NS at all?).

I've been informed that the Supercharger slated for Charlettown PEI is being installed somewhere between Boom Burger (9 Milky Way, Charlottetown, PE C1E 2E2) and COWS Creamery (12 Milky Way, Charlottetown, PE C1E 2E2). The contractor knows that the hardware for the installation is in Dartmouth NS (probably waiting to clear quarantine), so that points to the Aulds Cove & New Glascow Supercharger gear being there as well (otherwise why would the PEI hardware have come to NS at all?).
Just need to drop his name: @rypalmer

That’s great!! Is it currently being installed, and are there any photos of the site at the moment?

• Love
Reactions: rypalmer
Just need to drop his name: @rypalmer

That’s great!! Is it currently being installed, and are there any photos of the site at the moment?
Ummm, I said the hardware for PEI is IN Nova Scotia. It’s not started, nor do I think it will for a couple of weeks at least.
That’s why I’m putting this here and not starting a thread for any of those three sites yet. I have a friend on the Island that’ll do a check before the end of Oct to see if they’re gonna try to get the site done before winter (possible, but unlikely IMHO).

Ummm, I said the hardware for PEI is IN Nova Scotia. It’s not started, nor do I think it will for a couple of weeks at least.
That’s why I’m putting this here and not starting a thread for any of those three sites yet. I have a friend on the Island that’ll do a check before the end of Oct to see if they’re gonna try to get the site done before winter (possible, but unlikely IMHO).
I was thinking perhaps early conduit work would have started but I have been told no work is underway as of today

Kind of odd to add Campbellton without completing the circuit via Miramichi, it's quite dead endish with just one more needed to make it possible to get down to or up from Salisbury and/or Waasis from Miramichi. Utility is an order of magnitude when a complete circle can be made.
Hopefully that will be a magical unplanned addition.

Reactions: MarcoRP and PLUS EV
Kind of odd to add Campbellton without completing the circuit via Miramichi, it's quite dead endish with just one more needed to make it possible to get down to or up from Salisbury and/or Waasis from Miramichi. Utility is an order of magnitude when a complete circle can be made.
Hopefully that will be a magical unplanned addition.
It seems to be completing the Gaspe circle, no? Then will also be used for the NB circle later?

Reactions: Tz00
It seems to be completing the Gaspe circle, no? Then will also be used for the NB circle later?
I suppose so, but with 6 chargers being added to do the Gaspe, it seems that one more to complete 3 possible route connections would be an obvious +1. By adding the 'chi, we'd be able to do Miramichi Supercharger to Aulac, Salisbury or Waasis Superchargers, that seems like a threefer that one couldn't resist.

Reactions: kayak1 and PLUS EV