Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

attractiveness of Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve been considering a Tesla model Y for a couple of years now. One thing holding me back is that I worry about parking it or just driving it around. I think it’s getting better because there are more Teslas around now than even a year ago.

But I still worry. I noticed on an overnight test drive, that someone honked at me for no apparent reason. I think it was at a light and this was in our neighborhood and never happened before. Should I worry about people being aggressive against a Tesla? I don’t want to be flashy, so I i like the silver. I think it stands out a little less.

I’d be curious to know what everyone feels about this.

Thank you.

I’ve been considering a Tesla model Y for a couple of years now. One thing holding me back is that I worry about parking it or just driving it around. I think it’s getting better because there are more Teslas around now than even a year ago.

But I still worry. I noticed on an overnight test drive, that someone honked at me for no apparent reason. I think it was at a light and this was in our neighborhood and never happened before. Should I worry about people being aggressive against a Tesla? I don’t want to be flashy, so I i like the silver. I think it stands out a little less.

Thank you.
I’ve noticed nothing and I’m in super liberal California. Stop caring what others think. Smoke them at the next light If a bully honks at you. It will be good for you!

Thank you.
I was going to say anywhere above the Mason-Dixon Line and you should be fine, but Maryland is below it!

Ah, just get it and school those coal-rolling hillbillies. 😂

Reactions: S3XY1138
I’ve noticed nothing and I’m in super liberal California. Stop caring what others think. Smoke them at the next light If a bully honks at you. It will be good for you!
That's because most of the Tesla owners are likely from California, lol.

but to the OP, it really depends on how comfortable you are owning one. If you like it, get it. If you think it'll cause your more stress even if it's self manifesting, maybe hold out.

I was going to say anywhere above the Mason-Dixon Line and you should be fine, but Maryland is below it!
Teslas are literally everywhere here in Maryland. Any more, and I'd think there'd be a proposal to put one on the state flag (probably with a crab driving it, but I digress...)
But I still worry. I noticed on an overnight test drive, that someone honked at me for no apparent reason. I think it was at a light and this was in our neighborhood and never happened before. Should I worry about people being aggressive against a Tesla?
Entirely possible they honked at you because of your headlights (auto-highbeam can be problematic with older firmware). Or... they just honked at you for a dozen other reasons. Aside from that, seems like you're overthinking this.

Reactions: CapsEngineer

Ah, just get it and school those coal-rolling hillbillies. 😂

Not sure exactly what you mean, but there are tons of Teslas below the Mason Dixon line. My part of Florida is loaded with them. When visiting in south Georgia, I get lots of "love your Tesla!" comments at drive-through windows.

Kids are usualy the first one to spot a Tesla.

You mentioned it was an overnight loaner - when you were honked at was it nighttime or dark enough that the auto headlights may have been on? Reason I ask is a lot of model 3/Y's come from the factory with the headlights aimed just slightly too high which looks to other vehicles like you might have your brights on by accident. Personally I've had to adjust the headlights down a bit on both my 3 and Y to get them to where I don't get constantly flashed by oncoming cars at night. I'd bet money this is why the other driver honked at ya :)