Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auburn or Greenville to Meridian

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone made a trek from either Auburn Supercharger (SpC) or Greenville SpC to Meridian SpC? I have a 70D w/ 19" tires.

I'm planning on Atlanta to Dallas for Thanksgiving and barring a miracle Birmingham SpC turn on this week, trying to work out taking Hwy 80 from Auburn through Montgomery (and possibly stopping at the Hilton Garden Inn for a slow top off) then onto Meridian. I know of the Selma Mini Storage (thank you plugshare) for some assurance along Hwy80, or should I go down to Greenville and then over to Meridian which will put me on my own for that leg.

I'm wearing out evtripplanner trying to plan this so just throwing it out there if anyone has any cautionary tails or successful journeys.

Has anyone made a trek from either Auburn Supercharger (SpC) or Greenville SpC to Meridian SpC? I have a 70D w/ 19" tires.

I'm planning on Atlanta to Dallas for Thanksgiving and barring a miracle Birmingham SpC turn on this week, trying to work out taking Hwy 80 from Auburn through Montgomery (and possibly stopping at the Hilton Garden Inn for a slow top off) then onto Meridian. I know of the Selma Mini Storage (thank you plugshare) for some assurance along Hwy80, or should I go down to Greenville and then over to Meridian which will put me on my own for that leg.

I'm wearing out evtripplanner trying to plan this so just throwing it out there if anyone has any cautionary tails or successful journeys.

If you want to be safe, just go through Greenville and take Alabama Highway 10 to Meridian. It looks like a smallish road, so you'll be driving slow which helps your range, but at ~150 miles, range isn't really a concern anyway. The biggest fear would be getting turned around out there. So just be sure you don't get lost and that you stay on course.

Auburn to Meridian is probably possible but would require going under the speed limit to be safe. All depends on how adventurous you want to be. If you have back up plans for charging along this path, this may be the way to go. Good luck.

Not sure about the mileage difference Auburn-Meridian vs Auburn-Greenville-Meridian but AL 10 west of US 43 has been straightened/widened in many segments over the last 40 yrs of my driving it. Watch out for a few small towns with sudden lowered speed limits. I did the B'ham- Dallas run in 12 Hrs a few of weeks ago, just after the Meridian charger opened. I think I'd opt for charging in Montgomery and quick pickup in Selma if needed rather than the trip south to Greenville and across those narrow winding roads of AL10 east of US 43 (I've not been on that segment in over 40 yrs). It will be a long day regardless of which route you decide to take.

@cmf FYI, the Tesla website is showing Birmingham, AL Supercharger online:

Screenshot 2016-11-16 21.56.43.png