TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

North American Tesla Supercharger locations

Discussion in 'Wiki' started by dsm363, Sep 1, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
  1. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

#81 brianman, Jan 26, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
    I'm working on it. Give me a few minutes.

Update...

I did the following:
    1. Use F12 (in IE) to switch "Emulation/Document mode" to Edge (it makes copying text from edit boxes better than in 9 mode)
    2. Edit post
    3. Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C
    4. Create a new HTML file in Visual Studio
    5. Use Ctrl-H to convert all [ to <
    6. Use Ctrl-H to convert all ] to >
    7. Remove extraneous color, b, and u formatting (people were apparently trying to make non-links look like links to fit in or something)
    8. Put line breaks before every TD tag manually
    9. Edit / Advanced / Format Document (now it looks like a tree not one big mess!)
    10. Add Max Rate column
    11. Change Location column to General Location and Street Address columns
    12. Add Notes column
    13. Use Ctrl-H to convert all < to [
    14. Use Ctrl-H to convert all > to ]
    15. Use Ctrl-H to replace all " =" with "=" (weird they were there in the first place)
    16. Use Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C, Alt-Tab, Ctrl-V to replace the post content in its entirety
    17. Salt to taste

Hope you like it, dsm.

2. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Purple's edit screwed up my markup formatting. Now it's completely garbled again. I dunno if he did it intentionally or the forum software did. But now it's impossible to be sane while editing again. :(

3. EdA

EdA Model S P-2540

5 in February, 1 in March so far. When are more coming online?
    Can we get a March Madness pool going?

4. Cottonwood

Cottonwood Roadster#433, Model S#S37

5. emupilot

emupilot Active Member

#85 emupilot, Apr 22, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
    Is the map here in the wiki worth maintaining? If so, someone could update it; if not, then maybe there should be a link to supercharge.info? I could work on updating it (if that is worthwhile) if someone could tell me how and I had the necessary access to do so.

EDIT: OK, I figured it out and added Yuma as a test, so I know enough to be dangerous. I guess I'll gradually update it unless there's a reason I shouldn't.

6. BetterThanEdison

emupilot, you are the man. Thanks!

7. emupilot

emupilot Active Member

The map is now fully updated except for Bethesda. I'm not able to remove sites from the map, so I don't want to add Bethesda since it might go away when Woodbridge comes on line. The detail associated with each station varies, and somehow Moab got the address for Green River (I'm also not able to edit), but all the pins should be in the right places.

8. rrosenbl

rrosenbl Member

I noticed the max charge rate at Oxnard was not listed, if it helps I charged on the #4 circuit solo at 388V, 144A.

9. emupilot

emupilot Active Member

Since no one person can actually charge at 135 kW, I think we need to either see the plate on the side of the chargers, have two people charge simultaneously on a paired set of pedestals and add their charge rates when both are at low state of charge, or rely on the date of installation. Having old style pedestals doesn't necessarily mean it's only 120 kW, but the equipment must have been in storage for a long time we can't use the installation date to figure it out.

10. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Nitpicker's corner: No one vehicle can actually charge at 135 kW.

• Funny x 1
  11. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

One person could but only once.

12. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Hehe, good point. My point was that the experiment can be done by one person, but two vehicles would be required (and it's logistically interesting getting both vehicles there with only one driver).

13. EVie'sDad

EVie'sDad Member

Now....if that one driver was at a Tesla Store, and had access to two Teslas, then I think this could be validated or debunked.

Tesla boosts Supercharger electric-car charging rate to 145 kw

Not sure, but if true, that means faster charging for some (90s) and others may have to wait slightly longer due to the increased load on a shared circuit.

14. ThosEM

ThosEM Space Weatherman

I've begun to suspect that Tesla is deliberately neglecting supercharger needs in the big coal states of Wyoming, Pennsylvania, West Virginia and maybe eastern Kentucky and ND, Eastern MT. Could that possibly be so? There are some pretty big holes out there and in other locales they are starting to clump up somewhat. Of course there is Rock Springs, WY, and Morgantown WV, so maybe this is over with by now?

15. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

That wouldn't make any sense, even for a conspiracy theory. The needs aren't of those states, they're of the drivers passing through them. Some of those areas are the least traveled routes in the country, similar to I-10 between Texas and Arizona which is just stating to get filled in this year. Tesla doesn't have unlimited resources and generally places superchargers first where it gets the biggest bang for its bucks.

16. Xolt

Xolt Member

That map is seriously lacking in accuracy. It shows no Superchargers in South Florida while there are locations almost all the way to Key West.

17. BerTX

BerTX Supporting Member

Which map? There is indeed one FL location missing from Tesla's Find Us map, in Naples. Florida City is under construction, so not on that map.

Can you state some (or one) that we don't know about?

18. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

I think he means the map on the first page of this wiki, which hasn't been updated in several years.

• Informative x 1
  19. ThosEM

ThosEM Space Weatherman

You could make the limited resource argument a couple of years ago, but by now there are plenty of superchargers built to cover every stretch of interstate in the lower 48, and yet, there are still holes. It's difficult to picture I-80 from Chicago to NYC being "low bang for buck". At the very least, those states are objectively the lowest priority for getting connections through them. Agreed that I-10 should be included in my list.

• Like x 1
  20. ThosEM

ThosEM Space Weatherman

Really, I-80 runs from San Francisco to New York City, and it has a hole in PA!? I'm sorry, but that is ridiculous.

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.