Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Audi would like to maintain my Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's obviously a simple mistake, but funny nonetheless 😆

1672762434165.png

It was reported a while ago that Chevy is now offering service on Teslas. It could be that Audi is trying the same thing. This could actually be pretty savvy; Tesla still has relatively few service centers, and with Chevy (and Audi) already selling EVs, many of their technicians are presumably familiar with EVs generally. If they can poach some service work from Tesla, particularly as more Teslas reach the end of their warranty period, that could help the dealerships keep their profitable service centers in business as the need for oil changes, etc., declines because of increasing EV sales within the brand. There's a Chevy dealership within walking distance of where I live, so I'd consider taking my Tesla there for some simple out-of-warranty service tasks.

OTOH, maybe traditional automakers offering Tesla service is a blip that will never amount to much.

As to why Audi sent you that notice, I have no clue, unless perhaps you bought your Tesla used from them (or from a related car dealership). In that case, I'd be surprised if they didn't send you such a notice after a year or so of ownership (or maybe less).

It was reported a while ago that Chevy is now offering service on Teslas. It could be that Audi is trying the same thing. This could actually be pretty savvy; Tesla still has relatively few service centers, and with Chevy (and Audi) already selling EVs, many of their technicians are presumably familiar with EVs generally. If they can poach some service work from Tesla, particularly as more Teslas reach the end of their warranty period, that could help the dealerships keep their profitable service centers in business as the need for oil changes, etc., declines because of increasing EV sales within the brand. There's a Chevy dealership within walking distance of where I live, so I'd consider taking my Tesla there for some simple out-of-warranty service tasks.

OTOH, maybe traditional automakers offering Tesla service is a blip that will never amount to much.

As to why Audi sent you that notice, I have no clue, unless perhaps you bought your Tesla used from them (or from a related car dealership). In that case, I'd be surprised if they didn't send you such a notice after a year or so of ownership (or maybe less).
It's BS. There's nothing to service on Tesla. Service... is the keyword.

• Disagree
Reactions: srs5694