Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 15 days after you and am seeing 6/9 to 7/7
how in the heck do I edit or remove a post I made? sorry for the multiples.

I didn't know that profile date determined delivery or build date. I ordered for my parents in August and their DRL was expired. Due to covid, CA DMV allowed an auto 1 year extension past the expiration date. However, the Tesla site rejected the DRL as invalid. Called Tesla multiple times and they assured me the build date was not determined to any tasks...just the original deposit date. This just sucks.

I think the profile was finally done in October sometime. Does that put us in line with all the Oct orders?

I have a 3, love the car. Man I hate the company though.

Elon said 99% of user input is incorrect. Well, I'd say that Tesla's customer service and apps can't handle 99.9% of edge cases and thus we need humans involved in the process.

Reactions: voxel

I didn't know that profile date determined delivery or build date. I ordered for my parents in August and their DRL was expired. Due to covid, CA DMV allowed an auto 1 year extension past the expiration date. However, the Tesla site rejected the DRL as invalid. Called Tesla multiple times and they assured me the build date was not determined to any tasks...just the original deposit date. This just sucks.

I think the profile was finally done in October sometime. Does that put us in line with all the Oct orders?

Elon said 99% of user input is incorrect. Well, I'd say that Tesla's customer service and apps can't handle 99.9% of edge cases and thus we need humans involved in the process.
Yes puts you in October order wait

Reactions: sacraM3nto

I ordered on 8/19, but completed my profile on October 1st. My EDD seems to be in line with those who ordered/completed their profile around October.

I agree with you about the company. We’ve had our M3 for 2 years. I’ve dreaded every time I’ve had to deal with their service department. But here I am again waiting on a second vehicle. It’s just that good of a car.

I saw some people post that also. But since mine didn’t get completed until November it seems my EDD is in line with November EDDs not August
I had not completed my profile and i got a vin in December. Just that they forgot to contact me about further action and removed the vin after 3 days. I didn’t know about profile completion at the time, but i would have effectively got the car at that time without profile completion, only if someone had contacted me, as they did for my current vin assignment on Jan 20.

Reactions: sacraM3nto
Hello All! New member here. I've been reading all the posts here and I'm just super anxious to get my VIN already!! My order date was 8/24/21 MY LR white ext/white int 19" wheels, no FSD, no hitch. Anyone else order around the same date and are you still waiting for a VIN? my EDD is Feb3-Mar3.
a day after you and my EDD is jan 26-feb 6... in all honesty i think im looking at feb - march as well casue im really close to EDD with no vin. but hopefully not

a day after you and my EDD is jan 26-feb 6... in all honesty i think im looking at feb - march as well casue im really close to EDD with no vin. but hopefully not
My original EDD was Jan 3. Then that week it changed to Jan 11-25. So I got my loan approval on Jan 14. Then the date changed to Feb 3 - March 3. I hope it doesn’t change bc loan approval is good for 45 days.

Hello All! New member here. I've been reading all the posts here and I'm just super anxious to get my VIN already!! My order date was 8/24/21 MY LR white ext/white int 19" wheels, no FSD, no hitch. Anyone else order around the same date and are you still waiting for a VIN? my EDD is Feb3-Mar3.

I was.

OD 8/29 but within days I got a narrow range EDD (Feb 2 to Mar 2 from June jail) and a VIN today and then a delivery next week.

You should be close like me. I had basically the same EDD.

Yep we have an order date of 8/22/21 for a LR Y in red ext, black in - June 13 - July 11 delivery date :(
When did you complete your profile? I ordered on 8/19, but didn’t complete my profile until 10/1 so my EDD is 2/9-3/9. This date seems to line up with those who placed their order at the end of Sept/beginning of October.
Or those who have seemingly been forgotten. EDD 2/3 - 3/2, 8/18 OD and PCD