Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey fellow August orders. I picked up my MYLR and it has absolutely exceeded expectations. I own a Model S and X and the Model Y is by far my favorite to drive. It is far more sporty than the Model S and just as smooth ride quality in my opinion. My daughter is taking the Model S to college but begging to take the Model Y now. It’s probably the most popular car in our family now. Like others have said, hang in there its definitely worth the wait.

Whirlwind few days:

Tuesday: Tesla threatening to cancel August order if not unheld by Jan 27th
Wednesday: Unheld order
Friday: New EDD Feb 2 - Mar 2
Saturday: VIN

Delivery is a WEEK from now.

1642876217239.png

When did you complete your profile? I ordered on 8/19, but didn’t complete my profile until 10/1 so my EDD is 2/9-3/9. This date seems to line up with those who placed their order at the end of Sept/beginning of October.
Sorry I'm new to the board, what do you mean by complete your profile? My husband is the one who placed the order, he says he has done everything they have asked him to do. They texted him in December and they said they were building his car and they have made him an offer on our trade in.

Sorry I'm new to the board, what do you mean by complete your profile? My husband is the one who placed the order, he says he has done everything they have asked him to do. They texted him in December and they said they were building his car and they have made him an offer on our trade in.
After booking the car, there are few steps to complete on the Tesla website under your account. The steps are to provide Registration users information, Finance options, Trade-in options and for few states submitting current Insurance. On the day these steps are complete is your Profile Completion Date.

You can text the SA (Sales Associate) or the number you received order information and ask what is your Profile Completion Date.

Reactions: sacraM3nto
After booking the car, there are few steps to complete on the Tesla website under your account. The steps are to provide Registration users information, Finance options, Trade-in options and for few states submitting current Insurance. On the day these steps are complete is your Profile Completion Date.

You can text the SA (Sales Associate) or the number you received order information and ask what is your Profile Completion Date.
Thanks for the info - we have completed all those things. I think our next step is to call and get more info. It seems weird our EDD would go from Jan 18-Feb 1 and then to June 13 - July 11.

So my VIN is 357XXX which might be an Atom chip. Oh well. Or are AMD chips just a luck of the draw around those VIN numbers?
I have followed this issue pretty closely and it is build date rather than VINs that largely determines AMD chips or not at this point. VINs are not exactly sequential. Build date ~ Jan 9 and later, most Ys have AMD Rizen.

Did he accept or decline the offer yet? This could hold it up if they are waiting for a decision in the trade in.