Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Order date MYLR on 8/24. My estimated delivery date has been consistent for past 4-6 weeks of Dec 16 - 30. Suddenly yesterday I got a text with a VIN and provided 3 days Dec 2-5 to pick it up. Sounds great except I’m out of town on a business trip, returning Sunday and scheduled to fly out of town all of next week with my wife for our 25th wedding anniversary. I called the service # and asked to reschedule pick up week of Dec 13. When I asked why this happened so suddenly, I thought I’d have 2 or 3 weeks notice via a VIN or something, Not 24 hours, he said some9ne canceled with my same car so this is his. Not my original car. He tried to pressure me into canceling my trip or getting someone else to pick it up for me. Long story short he said he moved me back into the queue but couldn’t tell me when or how long I’d have to wait. I said I’m ok with my original Dec 16-30 estimate but he couldn’t promise me that. He said my EDD would be updated in my app. But the app is still asking me to confirm my pick up time Dec 2-5. Ughh. What does everybody think … am I looking at weeks or months until my delivery date?
I have those same EDD. I bet you will get by the end of Dec.

Order date MYLR on 8/24. My estimated delivery date has been consistent for past 4-6 weeks of Dec 16 - 30. Suddenly yesterday I got a text with a VIN and provided 3 days Dec 2-5 to pick it up. Sounds great except I’m out of town on a business trip, returning Sunday and scheduled to fly out of town all of next week with my wife for our 25th wedding anniversary. I called the service # and asked to reschedule pick up week of Dec 13. When I asked why this happened so suddenly, I thought I’d have 2 or 3 weeks notice via a VIN or something, Not 24 hours, he said some9ne canceled with my same car so this is his. Not my original car. He tried to pressure me into canceling my trip or getting someone else to pick it up for me. Long story short he said he moved me back into the queue but couldn’t tell me when or how long I’d have to wait. I said I’m ok with my original Dec 16-30 estimate but he couldn’t promise me that. He said my EDD would be updated in my app. But the app is still asking me to confirm my pick up time Dec 2-5. Ughh. What does everybody think … am I looking at weeks or months until my delivery date?
I received someone’s reject too. It’s been about two months since I rejected it but my EDD is coming up in a couple weeks.

Delivery update: received VIN on 28 Nov. finalized all remaining tasks on 30 Nov. Delivery scheduled for 4 Dec.
got a call today on 1 December that the ETA on the car from Fremont has been delayed. No new delivery date scheduled yet.
Anyone else with that issue?

Yesterday morning I had a vin assigned, tasks completed with a delivery scheduled for this Friday (tomorrow). Wednesday around noon checked again and everything was greyed out except for the down payment. Called and apparently someone put my account on hold and gave the vin to someone else? Can they do that without notifying you??

It is all so random. After releasing my VIN on Monday (wanting to have my existing car sold first), EDD was still 11/30 - 12/6 until this morning when it was updated to June. Thirty minutes later, I was paranoid and went back to make sure there was nothing new to fill out in my profile, and it now shows 12/15 - 12/31. What a rollercoaster ride! I wonder what it will be later today!?!?

Yesterday morning I had a vin assigned, tasks completed with a delivery scheduled for this Friday (tomorrow). Wednesday around noon checked again and everything was greyed out except for the down payment. Called and apparently someone put my account on hold and gave the vin to someone else? Can they do that without notifying you??
Yes, they can. The VIN can still change before the delivery, that's what they told me.

Last edited:
I never received a text, only my VIN announcement via email. I'm waiting for the text to ask me to set up a delivery date.
Just to clarify the text I referred to was the "Tesla Update - We noticed you don't have a trade value for your current vehicle...." asking me to respond with VIN and mileage to get a trade value added to my account. I responded to that the same day (11/13) and 2 days later another text "Tesla Trade-In Update:.. Thank you for your response, your trade-in has been started in your account!...". I logged in to check that and long behold got the VIN and a shortened EDD (5 days).

Try calling them and they may actually be able to set the delivery date. Which is what I did so I never got the text asking me to select a delivery date.

Reactions: G.D.H
Got my VIN a few minutes ago. Delivery dates changes to Dec 4- Dec 10. Feeling pretty good but lots to do. Sell my RDX, Finalize my loan.....

but none the less woohoo!!

btw, carvana and vroom offered less than a month ago :( but car Carmax is the same. Looks like carmax is the place to go
Congrats! and good luck with delivery.. yes lots of stuff to do..

I found a business called 'CarLotz' they claim to be better than Carmax. Their online offer was 1.2k more than Carmax in my case. I will find out tomorrow if they stand by their online quote.

Ordered 8/1 MYLR MSM 5 Seater Black Interior No Tow No FSD

I got my 2 week window last month. It was November 24 to December 8. Then it was pushed to December 1 to December 15. Now I just got updated this morning December 9 to 31...?? What's going. I have cash selected. This is ridiculous. Located in southern California. Seems like a lot of people in August orders are already getting VINs assignments. I have no VIN yet. This is getting really annoying...

I got my 2 week window last month. It was November 24 to December 8. Then it was pushed to December 1 to December 15. Now I just got updated this morning December 9 to 31...?? What's going. I have cash selected. This is ridiculous. Located in southern California. Seems like a lot of people in August orders are already getting VINs assignments. I have no VIN yet. This is getting really annoying...
Yeah sorry to hear. I don't have a Vin either, like many. I've found a way to feel less bad when others who ordered in August get their vehicles or vin before me.....but I want you to know, it will make you much less happy over all.

Go look at all the people who ordered in October who have already received their vehicles.

All in all, I'm hoping you get your vin today.

Last edited:
Reactions: samori01 and Hsgill

California orders seem like they are on the back-burner and are the ones that are mostly getting pushed back instead of forward : /

It is all so random. After releasing my VIN on Monday (wanting to have my existing car sold first), EDD was still 11/30 - 12/6 until this morning when it was updated to June. Thirty minutes later, I was paranoid and went back to make sure there was nothing new to fill out in my profile, and it now shows 12/15 - 12/31. What a rollercoaster ride! I wonder what it will be later today!?!?

And I have a new VIN assigned now. I guess my decision has been made and I will be taking delivery between December 9 - 15 🤣 Now hopefully the meet I have to sell my existing car goes well on Monday!

In case anyone is interested, the new VIN is 331xxx vs 321xxx assigned last Friday.

I have the same order date at dec8-/dec31

ordered down at Fashion Island

Im going crazy

Reactions: Hsgill
I have the same order date at dec8-/dec31

ordered down at Fashion Island

Im going crazy
Looks like a fleet of MSM Ys in this window. I’m at 12/10 - 12/30 and ordered 8/2. I’m encouraged seeing a fair amount of us with similar vehicles, order dates, and delivery windows.

Got a text asking about a trade in, I have none. Others have reported getting VINS within a few days of that text. Fingers crossed.