Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, who did you call? Would love to get some information like that haha. Let us know if you actually get a VIN on 12/13. That would be awesome!
I called 888-518-3752. I think this number was on the website on the same page as my order but I can't find it now. There is more info in that thread (this is my next post in that thread). I am calling them for the second time right now. On hold for 10 minutes so far. I was on hold for 20+ the first time. I will provide an update on this thread for sure. 🤞

Reactions: seeb
Check this post out. I wrote this on August 30th regarding an interaction I had over the phone with a Tesla rep. Wonder if this will hold true.
Arrrggg... don't trust it but hope it is true and could be true. When my buddy talks to the rep over the phone and SA at showroom, two different versions. As many suggested, once you get the VIN, then magic starts to happen. Otherwise, anything could happen. Agian, just my 2 cents.

I wanted to add that when I went to pickup car yesterday, I was surprised how packed with new cars the Tesla parking lot was here in St. Louis. Along the curbs and parking spaces. So if every store is similar, there are lots of orders. There was a mix of Model S, 3, and Ys. When I was leaving around 3pm a truck pulled up with more cars. Sooooo... yeah I think its just so many orders.

Reactions: 71eh
Wow, all that in August? Pipedream. Really wish it was true for you, but in Aug they didn't have a clue on when Austin would start production, so how could he say it would be 12/16.
Honestly I don't know. The guy was super nice and really genuinely excited for me since he also owned a Model 3. Told me Teslas are the best and worth the wait. Hope he wasn't messing with me.

Not sure where you got 12/16 from but yea he gave me specific dates and assumed it'll be coming from Austin since the delivery from factory to SC (Roswell, GA) was too short to be coming from Fremont. He said if it was coming from Fremont, the delivery from CA to GA would take longer and the dates he provided me with would not be possible.

We'll see if I get a VIN in 3 days 😂

Honestly I don't know. The guy was super nice and really genuinely excited for me since he also owned a Model 3. Told me Teslas are the best and worth the wait. Hope he wasn't messing with me.

Not sure where you got 12/16 from but yea he gave me specific dates and assumed it'll be coming from Austin since the delivery from factory to SC (Roswell, GA) was too short to be coming from Fremont. He said if it was coming from Fremont, the delivery from CA to GA would take longer and the dates he provided me with would not be possible.

My EDD is 12/13-13/31
I am not confident of getting the car this year.

Arrrggg... don't trust it but hope it is true and could be true. When my buddy talks to the rep over the phone and SA at showroom, two different versions. As many suggested, once you get the VIN, then magic starts to happen. Otherwise, anything could happen. Agian, just my 2 cents.
Yes. So I just spoke with a Tesla rep for the second time ever and he told me the rep from my first call back in August was either misinformed or messing with me 💆‍♂️

Still looking forward to 12/13 by fake VIN match day haha

Reactions: samori01 and seeb

It should have been 12/13 not 12/16. in your post you indicated "He also told me the exact dates for my Model Y's manufacture date (12/13), VIN match date (12/13), "

Either way, did just hear that on the Investor's call yesterday, Tesla is still saying Giga Texas will roll out cars before the end of the year. You can actually see Stamping Test panels, completed test bodies and castings. This all from Joe Tegtmeyer's Youtube from today.

Bring my Tesla meme.jpg

Wouldn't say its totally impossible since youre in Seattle, but from VIN to delivery is usually a week or 1.5 weeks so if you dont get it by mid week next week, you most likely wont get the car. Whats your EDD?
My edd now is Dec 12-31

Thanks everyone for sharing re delivery, now I’m prepared to get date pushed lol
At the same time maybe it’s a good sign for possible ev credit!
With Tesla one thing you learn is to stay positive