Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Early Christmas present time! VIN Achievement unlocked. I checked my app around dinner time today (530pm MDT) and it said "Tesla is making changes to your account". Checked online and bam VIN assigned! EDD updated to 12/15-12/20 (Previously was Jan22-Feb19 2022). Here's to hoping you guys with 7 seaters get your VINs soon!
Update: Yesterday (the 15th) I completed financing and got delivery scheduled for Sat, 12/18. I emailed my SA today just to confirm vehicle was on track and he said yes it should arrive late today (16th). I was worried the crazy wind storms we got this week may have delayed things.

Update: Yesterday (the 15th) I completed financing and got delivery scheduled for Sat, 12/18. I emailed my SA today just to confirm vehicle was on track and he said yes it should arrive late today (16th). I was worried the crazy wind storms we got this week may have delayed things.
Whoo hoo! Congratulations! Mine is almost identical to your config except for the 7-seater.

Yeah hopefully you get it before June! Im sitting at 16 weeks right now :/
Thanks! I really hope the June/July EDD is just a placeholder and EDD moves up. Ideally March-April would be good. Seems like most have been getting their cars within 12-16wks from ordering.

Hmm… I’ll be at 18 weeks as of tomorrow. And 2 weeks out from the beginning of my EDD range… Is 12-16 weeks still average? Seems like it’s been getting longer 🤷🏻‍♀️

I am just starting to accept that I wont get a VIN anytime soon but if I do refresh and get one, it'll be a pleasant surprise haha. Only way to stay sane.
The refresh roulette is exhausting. I wish they would just give us a estimated delivery month and not update it at all until a VIN and delivery date are ready to be assigned. By giving specific date ranges from the jump, it creates a false sense of certainty about when we’ll get our cars.

Also, the fact that people are assuming magic screens and deep-state level ordering systems at Tesla has me convinced that the Tesla ordering process is actually a mind control experiment. Bet they make another $500 per customer for putting us in as subjects. Welcome to the Matrix friends. 🤣
You have just come up with the best explanation yet. I thought it was either a random assignment or a monkey deciding who gets a car. But no, Elon is probably using this as data for his Neuralink company. Just like he got thousands of people to pay $10k to be test subjects for FSD, he got thousands of people to be a part of this experiment.

It's a back-end date of when they have your configuration scheduled for production and for you to receive a VIN. It's usually a 10 day window. A hard match is when you actually get a VIN assigned to you. Not too sure about the EDD tbh. I would probably wait as it gets a little closer, maybe a month before?
I have a few questions:
When you spoke with the SA was it on the phone or in person?
What did you say to get this info out of the SA?
Did they use the terminology soft match and hard match?

The refresh roulette is exhausting. I wish they would just give us a estimated delivery month and not update it at all until a VIN and delivery date are ready to be assigned. By giving specific date ranges from the jump, it creates a false sense of certainty about when we’ll get our cars.
And makes you realize that you have absolutely no idea when the car will arrive, which makes you do the refresh roulette even more.

Reactions: eric.freeman
So MY arrives in Dec. 22.
That's 8 days travel time.

Guy who called to set up delivery actually tried to say that my 3 day pickup window technically included Christmas day, when they aren't open, but they would give us an extra day for pickup.

Anyway, delivery scheduled and still no vin in the app or on the site.

As I've said before, cautiously optimistic until I'm in the vehicle.

Keep you all posted regarding details of pickup etc etc.

I have a few questions:
When you spoke with the SA was it on the phone or in person?
What did you say to get this info out of the SA?
Did they use the terminology soft match and hard match?
In person
I asked if they could tell me the soft match edd in my account because I want to plan for the holidays
They said our side of the system shows a soft match of 1/8-1/18.
My EDD is 1/8-2/5. Hope this helps!

Reactions: samori01
So MY arrives in Dec. 22.
That's 8 days travel time.

Guy who called to set up delivery actually tried to say that my 3 day pickup window technically included Christmas day, when they aren't open, but they would give us an extra day for pickup.

Anyway, delivery scheduled and still no vin in the app or on the site.

As I've said before, cautiously optimistic until I'm in the vehicle.

Keep you all posted regarding details of pickup etc etc.
Holy crap, I hope you aren't financing since that would give me so much anxiety not being able to start any loan paperwork without any VIN while all the while your delivery date creeps ever closer.

Reactions: Oddmanout