Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not yet. Still have my dates with a similar OD. I’m partially expecting it to jump to January or something random for the end of the month like last month. It almost seems like Tesla shuffling their production around for the quarter based on the orders. It’ll normalize come October.
Last time I lost my date, it took 10 days to come back. Hopefully, I get it back as soon after October 1st.

Hey folks! This is my first post in Wait Land.

The Tesla is actually my wife's (hopefully she won't mind me driving it all the time)
MYLR
Midnight Silver
19" Wheels
Black Interior

Ordered 8/8

Started with an EDD of mid-November but that quickly went to late-December.
For the past two weeks the EDD has completely disappeared. It's frustrating. I wish they'd just make up a date and change it later - or is that what they normally do? ;)

Order date : 08/16
Model Y LR Metallic Silver 19 inch Gemini wheels and black interior.
Current estimate : 9/30.
VIN assigned yesterday.

Backstory : Initially ordered Red MYLR but due to the long wait changed to White MYP and then once VIN was assigned/delivery was due, got cold feet and changed color and moved back to MYLR (9/21).

Order date : 08/16
Model Y LR Metallic Silver 19 inch Gemini wheels and black interior.
Current estimate : 9/30.
VIN assigned yesterday.

Backstory : Initially ordered Red MYLR but due to the long wait changed to White MYP and then once VIN was assigned/delivery was due, got cold feet and changed color and moved back to MYLR (9/21).
Let me get this straight. You went from MYLR to MYP to MYLR. And as a reward you are getting a car in less than 45 days? When being sent to the back of the queue would have meant April? Wow! Here is a new hack to try. :)

Reactions: seeb
Let me get this straight. You went from MYLR to MYP to MYLR. And as a reward you are getting a car in less than 45 days? When being sent to the back of the queue would have meant April? Wow! Here is a new hack to try. :)
Yes as per current estimate its coming in 45 days. I didn't do this 'hack' intentionally. When I modified the MYP to MYLR I was told the order will be delivered likely in March and I said I was fine. A week or so later I got the message they are building it in next 2-4 days and get ready for delivery. VIN was assigned the next day. When I first ordered the MYLR the EDD was November if I remember right.

Yes as per current estimate its coming in 45 days. I didn't do this 'hack' intentionally. When I modified the MYP to MYLR I was told the order will be delivered likely in March and I said I was fine. A week or so later I got the message they are building it in next 2-4 days and get ready for delivery. VIN was assigned the next day. When I first ordered the MYLR the EDD was November if I remember right.
Around 8/16 Tesla was quoting January for MYLR. I ordered on 8/15 and at that point it was already January.

I didn’t mean to say the hack was intentional. But just wondering if someone switched order to MYP, wait for vin and then switch back to MYLR if the Tesla vin match system goes ahead and matches them with an MYLR vin right away.

Reactions: Heyeliza