Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
8/2 ordered a MYLR Blue/White interior with 5 seats and just got an estimate delivery for December. Is everyone else getting December?
That will most likely change again to next year, the initial delivery date message is computer generated. Everyone gets this message and then later you will get an actual delivery date or a phone call by a sales rep to up sale you something else that is currently in stock.

As far as Model Y stock, they seem to be sold out for this year already. Austin Tx new factory has delayed production of the Cybertruck to meet Model Y orders.

Fred

That will most likely change again to next year, the initial delivery date message is computer generated. Everyone gets this message and then later you will get an actual delivery date or a phone call by a sales rep to up sale you something else that is currently in stock.

As far as Model Y stock, they seem to be sold out for this year already. Austin Tx new factory has delayed production of the Cybertruck to meet Model Y orders.

Fred
I can't wait till next year, hopefully there is something in stock for me for the coming weeks, I will keep my fingers crossed.

• Funny
Reactions: MTBevrider
Ordered MYLR5 white/black on 8/2. Estimate was December. However, I am seeing that folks are getting their VIN # in 65 days on average. Using that yardstick, should be October with a delivery in November. Of course, I am reading tea leaves, so could be completely off the mark... :)

I would guess the EDD doesn't count Austin production since there is no guarantee when that will start. Just because they are producing test cars doesn't mean they will meet requires and that would be very unprofessional for Tesla to count on production starting now and factoring those cars for current delivery times. Oh, the whole EDD thing isn't very professional so maybe they are... Hopefully when Austin is producing we will see the delivery date on the order page jump back to November or October. That would be a good sign.

I feel your pain and can't wait for the next 4 months
Just updated to N
Yep, ordered MYLR white/black interior with 5 seats on 8/4 and got a December delivery as well. REALLY hope this is a super conservative estimate! I can't mentally handle the refreshing of my account every day for the next 4 months. :)
Just updated to November 10 - November 30. Still far out, but at least I don't see the word "December" there.

I just talked to a sales guy at a dealership (decided to test drive the Y again because I had time to kill), told him I ordered around Aug. 7th and he said don't expect delivery until at least December.