Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok. So reached out to SA about the fact I have vin, but app still doesn't show any info about it. And no one has reached out.

At least they're honest. Lol. Recommend staying on top of this company. Don't assume anything.

"Hi Customer and Lawrence delivery support team,

It looks like there has been a matched VIN but there is an error in determining where the vehicle is.

Could we please get a better understanding on his account and verify delivery estimate?"

Reactions: andre88223
I picked up car today. I would say 98% condition, just slight gap, little scratch near glove box, but not an issue in my opinion. Drives awesome, wheel alignment seems normal, exterior looks good. I’m happy. Only surprise is I can hear batteries or something after car shut off. My home is in a very quiet neighborhood, so I didn’t notice at store. I had a great delivery experience. Sat in car with SA, showed me useful tips, paired phone and fobs to car. I had checklist but didn’t use it, I just looked around, tested stuff. Oh yeah USB and wireless charging works. Have mud flaps and rear door PPF preinstalled. Meet Nova White. I look forward too everyone waiting to get theirs too.
What documents are needed when you go to pick up? Is there any interaction with the SA? I know you said your SA sat with you but wasn't sure if you requested that. Hoping my EDD gets pushed back soon! Also, did you have to request for mudflaps and PPF?

What documents are needed when you go to pick up? Is there any interaction with the SA? I know you said your SA sat with you but wasn't sure if you requested that. Hoping my EDD gets pushed back soon! Also, did you have to request for mudflaps and PPF?
PPF and mud flaps were already installed. I brought driver license, checkbook, and insurance card (for current car). All I used were phone and check. Car was in front near building, I think that’s where they charge and customer pickup. SA had me sign some papers, then I used phone to review agreements, then he asked to go to car and pair phone key with car. Then he showed me some stuff, paired phone with car for music, and added key fobs to car. He was so cool, friendly, and helpful. He’s helped me since test drive to delivery. The Chesterfield location has been a great experience. I think you’ll be fine. Just chill, don’t be anxious and it’ll be fine. You’ll get updates through text and email.

Reactions: tlx777
I still don't have a VIN assigned but I assume they will assign it closer to the mid of the period?
While crazier things have happened, it is very very likely you will not be receiving a car this year. However my crystal ball is as clear as everyone else's on here, so who knows.

You should know your vin well before the vehicle is delivered to you.
Soft vin assignment is before/during a cars manufacturing period. hard vin assignment is once you're given a Vin that is for a car that is for sure going to be sent to you.

I have a hard vin assignment, but they lost the car (seriously). They're trying to figure out where it is and while they say it's probably fine and on its way here, I hear the wordbl "Probably" most of all and assume an SA in Alaska is wondering why there's 1 extra car at their delivery lot.

Point of me telling you my sad story is to make the point...until you're sitting in the car, you have no idea when you're getting it.

Saw this in a parking lot today so took a photo so it feels like mine arrived.

Attachments

• PXL_20211210_165218968.jpg
    PXL_20211210_165218968.jpg
    818.6 KB · Views: 64
Final thought after the delivery.

Guess I was lucky to have scheduled delivery closed to my last EDD. As for my previous posts, I have not pay attention until mid-Nov. Then join TMC.
Long story short, EDD changed several times as fellow new owners. VIN was not assigned to the app or website, but text message first. Then all put together fastly. Payment request and delivery schedule request came together. I did not use 3rd party but used Tesla loan. Done everything as necessary within 3 days including selling my car via Carvana.

Pick-up day, North Dallas has a separate facility from showroom to service center. I picked up mine from the service center building. I saw 7 cars mixing M3 and MY together. Rep was nice and easy to talk with. I did not see any issue luckily (who knows I may miss it. It's been 2 days only). But I and my buddy did not see any issue like other Tesla my friends picked up last year and the year before. The panels look good, all interior was intact. Let's not talk about build quality compared to traditional cars. Check all buttons, USB ports (I brought USB C cable), paint checks (Love white pearl). Literally, it was a sunny day and took me around 5 minutes with 4 eyes (mine and my friend) to check all. Done (PS. Rep told me that in many major cities where the service center is available next to the showroom. When they receive the car, they inspect all those known issues as much as possible. Hence it gets better and now they have enough room and time to check all delivery more closely because shipment delivery isn't overflowed like last year. Also, make sure to bring clean clothes to clean some smudges in car seats or else. Not so bad, but you will see fingerprints, bit oily residues here and there).

I found floor mats as default was interesting because I did not expect it. No mudflaps or rear fender PPF since it's warm and mild weather Texas in general (of course, horrible winter last year and hails!), but not compared to northern states. Guess mudflaps and PPF were more selected states only, not all states. Premium Connectivity is given 1-year free trial. Nothing else as new info.

Now I'm looking for window tint and install 3rd party mudflaps (nicer than Tesla), then pay tax and registration (Texas). Other than that I'm very happy with the process because I was expecting my delivery as next year Jan. Know all have different stories, but at least mine was good. Hope all new owners would say the same and enjoy their new rides.

I'll keep reading and learning from here and thanks for great info sharing!