Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a combo that I can agree is pretty bad. I would add my combo of realizing I have absolutely no idea when this car is coming, with the constant drive to check if anything changed, the desire to do something, so I watch more YT videos and have ended up with over 40 accessories that are just sitting in a guest room, waiting for a car, that I have absolutely no idea when it is coming (this does not include any of the things I bought to wash the car that I have absolutely no idea when it is coming).

That is why I stop watching YT now. :(

I sense much negativity in the chat, so I hope to bring some hope! Ordered my MYLR white/black 20" on Aug 28, and I'm picking it up on Saturday!
How is that going to help? It just reminds us on the west coast again that they are still prioritizing east coast deliveries with order dates significantly past where we are on the west coast. :)

haha but you gotta pay the new price tho.
Might not be too much more for some though. I ordered early Aug and I think it's 2k more know since msm is free. Plus I wouldn't get the 20" anymore, rather do the included 19s and powder coat them.

BBB has a chance to really deliver a blow to late model 21s and early 22 model's resale value in my opinion. With Austin coming on line, the wait times will be significantly less... so waiting for a new MY or M3 while getting a 8k tax credit will gut demand by itself I think, which will be compounded by 2022 refreshes (I care about the new headlights), the AMD chip and maybe even the new battery packs, not to mention phantom braking/vision only concerns I have about getting a worse adaptive cruise than my 2014 JGC. If I didn't historically keep my cars for 100k miles plus, I'd seriously consider canceling my order... feels like we are buying in at a large peak/bubble.

Ok. So I got this text yesterday. Not sure if I should be excited yet…

“Tesla Update - We are thrilled to welcome you to the Tesla family in the next 10-14 days. Please reply "READY" to confirm you will be ready to take delivery of your new Tesla as soon as it is available. If you still need more time, please reply with the month you would like to take delivery in.
-Tesla Buena Park Delivery Team”

“Tesla Update - We are thrilled to welcome you to the Tesla family in the next 10-14 days. Please reply "READY" to confirm you will be ready to take delivery of your new Tesla as soon as it is available. If you still need more time, please reply with the month you would like to take delivery in.
Sounds like you are on hold, and will be placed in the queue after you "READY".

Reactions: eric.freeman
Finally took home delivery today of my MYLR! After a small issue with the app not connecting to the car initially, we were able to unlock and inspect. The only real issues were the weather stripping on the driver's having some fitment issues (it just isn't installed quite right) and there is a nick in the wood trim piece on the far left side. Other than that, it seems good so far. I'll give it another go around tonight and submit a service request for the couple of things I mentioned.

Attachments

• MYLR-Home.jpg
    MYLR-Home.jpg
    760.9 KB · Views: 68
Anyone have any luck calling the 888 number? I called and all they could say was that the most accurate delivery date is the one listed on my account (Jan 23 - Feb 20) which was originally Dec 20 - Dec 31 for the longest time and that they couldn't find info without a VIN and when I asked when one would be assigned they said closer to the EDD date, which keeps changing.

Sounds like a vin is soft match to me (my term), and maybe they want to confirm you'll be taking it before shipping it to a specific delivery center... congrats!! Also sounds like they are cool with you passing on this vin, too, which is neat vs other (older?) orders being told to accept or risk being canceled.

Reactions: xSCMx
Anyone have any luck calling the 888 number? I called and all they could say was that the most accurate delivery date is the one listed on my account (Jan 23 - Feb 20) which was originally Dec 20 - Dec 31 for the longest time and that they couldn't find info without a VIN and when I asked when one would be assigned they said closer to the EDD date, which keeps changing.
Tried online chat, text, email, all same answer, no clue on VIN.

Reactions: Jaycscherer