Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So with my EDD recently slipping to Jan/Feb, me needing to ensure I can beat the winter forecast and make it back to Nor Cal for the holidays, and also not missing my ski trip to J Hole, I've been preparing to be away from Reno (my delivery center) from 12/18 - 12/30.

Ain't no way Tesla somehow pushes me back to a December EDD, right?!?!?!

Attachments

• 245.gif
    245.gif
    2.3 MB · Views: 175
Reactions: andre88223
Alright all, so none of this is to rub it in. It's to continue to try and merge our collective knowledge to understand all the steps of this process and to try to extract as much useful detail, for our own sanity, along the way.
Here are bullets with info that may or may not be useful to your situation.

- So I have confirmation that a random SA in parts department could physically see on my account that as of 3 days ago the MY went into production. And that yesterday my car completed production. (Quite impressive, actually completed in 48hrs out of freemont). He also read that the vehicle is "in transit". They all have very granular detail about each order. Don't believe for a second they are clueless.

-My account has not updated to correct the missing vin info so don't assume that your account details will update once your MY ships.

-any extras you want left in vehicle. In my case tire pressure sensors for snows, cannot be purchased and added to the account until your vehicle has been manufactured. Physical exists with vin.

-for those extras it seems best to ask the agent who calls you to set up your pickup time to organize any additional items you want.
Makes sense that someone in the parts department has access to granular data that a regular SA would not necessarily have, since they need to be able to track parts for an individual vehicle. And the biggest part is the vehicle itself.

Some more calls from SAs. Fyi

Avg delivery time Cali to Toronto is 1.5 weeks via Truck, train, truck.
This confirms, Tesla has not contracted Santa's services for the EOQ rush.
Oh and the Toronto Lawrence team identified they were getting a big batch of cars in and around the 25th.
And this is why I assume we see people who ordered way after us, sometimes getting their vehicle first. If there's Space on the transport and if the order matches a vehicle in the overflow lot, away it goes.

Reactions: DrGriz
Got a notification of a text from Tesla…

Opened it up and it was the “do you have a trade-in?” text…

I’m not mad, just disappointed.
Added the option for trade-in to Tesla to my account after getting this text last week, only to choose 'I don't have a vehicle to trade-in' the next day. Out of spite, and knowing that their offer would probably be very low compared to other avenues

Added the option for trade-in to Tesla to my account after getting this text last week, only to choose 'I don't have a vehicle to trade-in' the next day. Out of spite, and knowing that their offer would probably be very low compared to other avenues
I like the way you think.

Also, you’re probably right re trade-in value. Everyone’s experience is different but in my case Car Max and Shift were the highest offers by far.

Reactions: kjudd11
Just picked up my model y today and it had a large door ding that happened over night in the parking lot. The sales team was amazing they apologized so much they are working on setting up an appointment for me to have it fixed closer to home. The car was in perfect condition 2 out of 10 on Tesla deliver because my 3 had damage when I took deliver of it and 10 out of 10 coustomer service and I cannot believe I’m saying that from Tesla.

Upon reading some of the posts, I went ahead and called the local Tesla dealer and verify Profile completion, they mentioned that the trade-in text/email is a pending task and will only proceed if a VIN is matched
they also said, the delay now are people who are not taking delivery and waiting for January, so now they are offering other people who are willing to take the vehicle now, which is fair in my opinion
I maybe the anomaly here, but I will take delivery even if it's Dec 31, I don't know if Tesla will get a rebate and at this point, I am not worried about it

Upon reading some of the posts, I went ahead and called the local Tesla dealer and verify Profile completion, they mentioned that the trade-in text/email is a pending task and will only proceed if a VIN is matched
they also said, the delay now are people who are not taking delivery and waiting for January, so now they are offering other people who are willing to take the vehicle now, which is fair in my opinion
I maybe the anomaly here, but I will take delivery even if it's Dec 31, I don't know if Tesla will get a rebate and at this point, I am not worried about it
The Tesla Rep also said: they are ramping up deliveries before the end of the year, but are they?

I hope that’s true about the trade-in text being a precursor to VIN match, but…well, any number of memes come to mind. So you’re telling me there’s a chance, don’t give me hope, it’s the hope that kills you, and so on.

Reactions: eric.freeman
OK. I am going to go ahead and voice my biggest fear with my Jan 20-Feb 17 EDD. We all know there are a number of people who successfully put a hold on delivery of their MY until after Jan. 1. When they release that hold, where do they go in the delivery queue? If it is ahead of those of us who have gotten pushed out into Jan-Feb through no action on our part and are ready to take delivery now, and we get pushed out further, I am going to be really ticked off. Probably not a popular opinion, but I think all those who are on hold should not get an EDD earlier than Mar 1 when they come off hold.

OK. I am going to go ahead and voice my biggest fear with my Jan 20-Feb 17 EDD. We all know there are a number of people who successfully put a hold on delivery of their MY until after Jan. 1. When they release that hold, where do they go in the delivery queue? If it is ahead of those of us who have gotten pushed out into Jan-Feb through no action on our part and are ready to take delivery now, and we get pushed out further, I am going to be really ticked off. Probably not a popular opinion, but I think all those who are on hold should not get an EDD earlier than Mar 1 when they come off hold.
I totally agree, I am still waiting for someone to confirm 100% that tesla will get a rebate, and regardless of that, why should I be left behind the queue when certain people are pushing their Delivery dates for January in the hopes of the rebate