Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I totally agree, I am still waiting for someone to confirm 100% that tesla will get a rebate, and regardless of that, why should I be left behind the queue when certain people are pushing their Delivery dates for January in the hopes of the rebate
i guess, your config doesn't match any of the holding car

when someone puts on hold, the car with that config is made anyway, it goes to the next person with the same config even with the same pickup location. because all the production plans and delivery plans (to a certain location) are made months ago.

Reactions: eric.freeman
I am checking the delivery tracking sheet, and only look for the BASE model (white on black, 19 wheels, no tow or whatsoever), and there was no VIN assigned since Nov 22.View attachment 744720
We are not even talking about different trim levels here. Just minor variations within the same trim level that might add a small fraction of the total cost. If someone ordered the "base" LR model, it wouldn't be because they wanted to save cash. It was what they wanted (like the exterior color, didn't know if white interior would hold up to kids and dogs, wanted wheel option that gave maximum range, didn't need to tow, didn't think they needed FSD or thought FSD was vaporware, didn't need the third row etc). If Tesla is really de-prioritizing that config for a measly 1k or 2, they are really taking caring only about their bottom line to a whole new level.

Reactions: BGOwner and DrGriz
We are not even talking about different trim levels here. Just minor variations within the same trim level that might add a small fraction of the total cost. If someone ordered the "base" LR model, it wouldn't be because they wanted to save cash. It was what they wanted (like the exterior color, didn't know if white interior would hold up to kids and dogs, wanted wheel option that gave maximum range, didn't need to tow, didn't think they needed FSD or thought FSD was vaporware, didn't need the third row etc). If Tesla is really de-prioritizing that config for a measly 1k or 2, they are really taking caring only about their bottom line to a whole new level.
I've said this before: I'd pay $2000 extra for the geminis due to the range and sidewall benefits. You can have the 20s.

I also had the base build. Just the numbers show that for whatever reason they are not producing enough base build cars, that’s it.

Reactions: leaftoy
That will most likely change again to next year, the initial delivery date message is computer generated. Everyone gets this message and then later you will get an actual delivery date or a phone call by a sales rep to up sale you something else that is currently in stock.

As far as Model Y stock, they seem to be sold out for this year already. Austin Tx new factory has delayed production of the Cybertruck to meet Model Y orders.

Fred
Cybertruck is delayed for design revisions / certifications and 4680 production delays. More about the battery delays. No sense making what you cannot power.
Model Y was always the initial production plan for Austin, followed by CT. There's been no change to that, just adaptation to battery delay.

Reactions: eric.freeman
This is one of those that sounds like your profile isn’t complete. You should call Tesla and check. If you had it bouncing around from November to December and back to November than to March and back again and then to June it would seem more like a glitch. The fact you went from November to June seems to point to an incomplete profile that, has not been Put in line.
I'm not 100 percent certain that the profile is complete. I don't see anything on the app that would say otherwise. I placed the order in person at the King of Prussia store with the sales rep doing the work. I was told at the time that everything was finished. I'll be calling to find out if that's the case.

And the order has bounced all over the place. I started with an EDD of mid-November, then mid-December, then back to November, then June, then March, then back to June.

I have to be honest. I'm going to be really pissed if this is due to an incomplete profile. I went into the store to make sure that everything would work smoothly. Also, if the order is being held up with an incomplete profile why wouldn't I be notified by Tesla that there's a problem? That doesn't seem like it would be too difficult for Tesla to manage. I really don't think that I should have to figure that out on my own.

Reactions: samori01
I've said this before: I'd pay $2000 extra for the geminis due to the range and sidewall benefits. You can have the 20s.
That is exactly how I feel. For me even if the MYLR costed more than $5k, that is the one I would buy. Living in snow country, I want the maximum ground clearance and as big tire wall height for smooth ride. Even the MYLR's ground clearance is below what one would call an "SUV". I would have paid an extra couple of grand if there was an 18" wheel. I must say if one does not live in snow country an MYP is a great deal over an MYLR with all the extra's and the price difference now no more $10k as before. But just to get my car early, I am not going to buy an MYP. In any case in 4 years, there will be Lexus and all the other brands coming out with EV on their standard vehicles with proven quality. But right now, if anyone wants an EV, Tesla is the best option. I look forward to more competition, that would goad Tesla to finally focus on quality. Coming from flawless Lexus quality and before that Acura, Honda etc., it will be an interesting experience taking delivery when my turn comes up.

Reactions: DrGriz
I'm not 100 percent certain that the profile is complete. I don't see anything on the app that would say otherwise. I placed the order in person at the King of Prussia store with the sales rep doing the work. I was told at the time that everything was finished. I'll be calling to find out if that's the case.

And the order has bounced all over the place. I started with an EDD of mid-November, then mid-December, then back to November, then June, then March, then back to June.

I have to be honest. I'm going to be really pissed if this is due to an incomplete profile. I went into the store to make sure that everything would work smoothly. Also, if the order is being held up with an incomplete profile why wouldn't I be notified by Tesla that there's a problem? That doesn't seem like it would be too difficult for Tesla to manage. I really don't think that I should have to figure that out on my own.
I went to the SC and SA filled it all out for me, but did not complete the profile. I started to but did t want to deside on finance or cash just yet. Didn’t realize it meant profile was not complete and would holdup my order. At Tesla.com, go to manage, then under the picture of the car should be overview. CLick that and make sure it has a check next to prepare for delivery. If so, your profile should be complete

Reactions: samori01
I went to the SC and SA filled it all out for me, but did not complete the profile. I started to but did t want to deside on finance or cash just yet. Didn’t realize it meant profile was not complete and would holdup my order. At Tesla.com, go to manage, then under the picture of the car should be overview. CLick that and make sure it has a check next to prepare for delivery. If so, your profile should be complete
I called the same day I ordered to ensure my profile was complete, then called again today