Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went to the Tesla store yesterday to get another test drive and poke my SA with some questions. Unfortunately I didn't get to talk to my SA since he had a day off, so spoke to another SA and he didn't give me any insight on my Delivery date. All he did was looked at my profile and said its slated for Jan. I was like, can you tell me the exact date if you can see magic and he said no he doesn't know.
Plus, the Sacramento lot was EMPTY with an exception of one Red MYP waiting for delivery for today. I think CA is not getting love this EOQ since we all have been pushed to Jan -March. Lets hope a miracle happens and all Aug and Sept deliveries happen this year since we have been waiting for long already.

Was just thinking, I've waited so long for the Tesla Vision Blue Button.. maybe I should wait a day before pressing it. 🧢

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-12-22 at 12.09.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-22 at 12.09.55 PM.png
    1 MB · Views: 71
  • Screen Shot 2021-12-22 at 12.12.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-22 at 12.12.13 PM.png
    915.1 KB · Views: 42
Saw someone on reddit say that when they contacted their SA about the status of their car, they said that it has been pushed out due to the Fremont factory updating its building plans. Not sure how valid that is, but if that's true, seems like we are going to be in a for a long wait.
im willing to wait until January.. IF we get the 2022 updates.. AMD apu, the new headlights.. etc

If they are retooling and with all the people releasing their holds, we might go into February lol. If I get pushed back one more time, im officially taking a break from the forums
I don’t think I’m willing to wait until February. I already feel like a second class citizen being here in the Bay Area watching others get cars who ordered way after us. Im literally waiting in a random gathering for the privilege to pay over $65k. Not a line but a random gathering of people lol. I used to wait in line for Jordans until one day I realized how stupid that was, and here I am. 🤬

I don’t think I’m willing to wait until February. I already feel like a second class citizen being here in the Bay Area watching others get cars who ordered way after us. Im literally waiting in a random gathering for the privilege to pay over $65k. Not a line but a random gathering of people lol. I used to wait in line for Jordans until one day I realized how stupid that was, and here I am. 🤬
Lmao I cant agree enough with you. It's ridiculous. I keep seeing post after post of people that ordered two months after me get a VIN assigned.

Update - Opened app and saw message that “Tesla is making changes to your account. Please log-in…”. Logged in and accepted Tesla Vision. VIN appeared in account and delivery dates is 12/22-26. Hope this is a sign of things to come for all August orders and Bay Area folks!
We are spec’d so similar this gives me hope!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!🍾🎈🎉

Reactions: samori01 and seeb
Update - Opened app and saw message that “Tesla is making changes to your account. Please log-in…”. Logged in and accepted Tesla Vision. VIN appeared in account and delivery dates is 12/22-26. Hope this is a sign of things to come for all August orders and Bay Area folks!
Aug 26 is your OD and so is mine, My wishful thinking hopes that Aug 26 people are getting something!

I check in on this thread from time to time, but my EDD remains mystifying and depressing. My OD is August 4. MYLR white/white, 20" wheels, no tow, no FSD. I'm in Knoxville. My EDD is now "June."

During the first weeks after I ordered, my EDD fluctuated between November and December. Logically, if Fremont was producing "x" number of cars per month, there should have been about 4x-5x orders ahead of mine. Fremont is reportedly still producing about the same number of MY units per month, so how can it be that Tesla will now have to produce about 11x units to satisfy my order? It makes no sense.