Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know it's commonly thought that completing your profile sometime after the order date somehow delays the EDD, but what's the authority for that? That is not the impression I've received from the SA's I've spoken to. Logically, even if the profile is completed some days or even weeks after the OD, why would that delay an order by 4-6 months?

Just ranting here, but if Fremont's MY production level has been consistent, or up, since August when we were given EDD's of November/December, how is it that Tesla cannot meet the demand as measured on our OD? I could understand it if Tesla in fact experienced a semi-conductor shortage, or somehow stalled production, but they haven't.
My order date is July 09 and profile completion date is August 18. My EDD changes are similar to what other August orders are seeing.

Current EDD is 01/16 - 01/28

MYLR5/Blue/Black/19/No Tow

Posted in the October thread but I’m not really sure where we belong. Placed our order 8/26, but didn’t complete profile until October. Once profile was completed we first saw an April date, then it moved to Feb 21-Mar 21 for a long time. Confirmed carrier direct on Monday and Tuesday EDD switched to TBD. SA says to give it a week, but if we get to Tuesday and still no change we’ll be calling.

MYLR7/black ext/white int/induction/no tow/no FSD

Haven’t seen any others like ours around here recently, but hopefully we’re going to be included in the next batch of 7-seaters.
I think your EDD is around the same timelines of people here. From what I see, a lot of August orders were delivered in January, and the rest of us mortals are end Jan, Feb and March. Most anyways. There are some outliers. Who knows though, EDD is not exactly trustworthy.

I think your EDD is around the same timelines of people here. From what I see, a lot of August orders were delivered in January, and the rest of us mortals are end Jan, Feb and March. Most anyways. There are some outliers. Who knows though, EDD is not exactly trustworthy.
I am an outlier. Mine updated to April 2 - April 31. Had been March - April for most of my time, so a 2 week slide out. Hope it will move back up as I get closer

How do these compare to the tuxmats? They look identical
Huge difference. These are not like tuxmats.
Tux on rear extend farther under the front seat. The rear extends up to the upholstery of the rear seats.
Fronts wrap around and over the driver/passenger seat pillars and along the small groove btwn the seats and the doors.
The fronts extend, probably at least 12 inches higher at the front, all the way up til a mat would hit components under the dash.
The fronts, at centre console, extend up to where the centre console plastic begins. covering the entire rug below the console
PXL_20211227_184442057~2.jpg

Red arrows show the edge of tuxmat on passenger side.

Basically imagine tuxmats covering every peice of carpet you might touch with your feet. Wish I could keep my feet from hitting all the hard plastic spots too....at least they wipe down easy.

Last edited:
Tux on rear extend farther under the front seat. The rear extends up to the upholstery of the rear seats.
Fronts wrap around and over the driver/passenger seat pillars and along the small groove btwn the seats and the doors.
The fronts extend, probably at least 12 inches higher at the front, all the way up til a mat would hit components under the dash.
The fronts, at centre console, extend up to where the centre console plastic begins. covering the entire rug below the consoleView attachment 756103

Basically imagine tuxmats covering every peice of carpet you might touch with your feet. Wish I could keep my feet from hitting all the hard plastic spots too....at least they wipe down easy.
I wish I had seen this post before. It looks really nice. I just bought the Tesmania ones. Hope they look this good too.

The fronts, at centre console, extend up to where the centre console plastic begins. covering the entire rug below the consoleView attachment 756103

I knew I should have kept reading before responding…lol

meaning these are better/have more coverage than the tux mats? What are they called again? thx!

I know it's commonly thought that completing your profile sometime after the order date somehow delays the EDD, but what's the authority for that? That is not the impression I've received from the SA's I've spoken to. Logically, even if the profile is completed some days or even weeks after the OD, why would that delay an order by 4-6 months?
Because it has been seen that those who have not completed their profile their EDD remains the EDD of new orders. It is not until profile completion that their EDD generally stops paralleling new orders.

Hi All busy day! Finally took delivery on day 156. Car is nearly perfect just a minor issue with the frunk. Panel gaps were good. Drives great. 10 fingers and 10 toes and working USB ports. Haven’t had a chance to play around too much yet. Will post the specs tomorrow.

View attachment 756146

View attachment 756148
Looks amazing man, congrats, definitely looking forward to mine this coming week

Posted in the October thread but I’m not really sure where we belong. Placed our order 8/26, but didn’t complete profile until October. Once profile was completed we first saw an April date, then it moved to Feb 21-Mar 21 for a long time. Confirmed carrier direct on Monday and Tuesday EDD switched to TBD. SA says to give it a week, but if we get to Tuesday and still no change we’ll be calling.

MYLR7/black ext/white int/induction/no tow/no FSD

Haven’t seen any others like ours around here recently, but hopefully we’re going to be included in the next batch of 7-seaters.
I called the 1800 number displayed in order details because i feel my SA never knows whats up with my order. The same week i placed my order i called SA to make sure my profile was done. Last Thursday i called the 1800 number only to be told that my profile was not completed till late October. After reassuring the person i spoke with that my SA had confirmed completion she simply said thats not what their system says. Anyway, she told me not to expect a delivery till late March early April. 😡😡😡

I called the 1800 number displayed in order details because i feel my SA never knows whats up with my order. The same week i placed my order i called SA to make sure my profile was done. Last Thursday i called the 1800 number only to be told that my profile was not completed till late October. After reassuring the person i spoke with that my SA had confirmed completion she simply said thats not what their system says. Anyway, she told me not to expect a delivery till late March early April. 😡😡😡
Wow! That’s annoying but would line up with what the initial EDD we had was. Only reason for the late profile completion for us was because I didn’t realize that was important 🤦🏻‍♀️ - had everything submitted except payment method.

Reactions: BGOwner
ID BE LIVID, man thats upsetting. Hope you get your car ASAP