Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received a call from my DC, I could pick up the car today but due to my check from DCU being overnighted today, they won't allow me to pick up the car. I had the check send to me instead of Tesla as I want to inspect the car before handing over the check or mailed directly to Tesla. I signed the docs at the exact time of their supposed cut-off time to cut a check. :(

Gotta be patient.... 🙃
I got emailed a scanned copy of the check and the loan officer said, "Usually the delivery center will accept that enough for you to get your car." Were you able to try that while you wait for the physical check?

I got emailed a scanned copy of the check and the loan officer said, "Usually the delivery center will accept that enough for you to get your car." Were you able to try that while you wait for the physical check?

Yeah I read that and most of the time they'll be ok with a copy of the check and tracking number.

I spoke with the DC people and since the check is being mailed to me instead of corporate Tesla, they want the check before delivery. I want to inspect the outside of car before handing it over, since I've read some that have paid it in full and had issues at delivery.

At least I don't have the icon for heated wipers. Not sure if that is because I have no heated wipers (likely) or it is due to the old V10 UI missing that feature.
I have no idea what they’re supposed to be on the Tesla, but our old e-Golf had a spot on the windshield where the wipers rest when not in use that heated up. It looked like a little circuit pattern on the windshield. But again, not sure if Tesla is doing that/if it’s going to be visible on the windshield, or if the wipers themselves are actually heated.

I have no idea what they’re supposed to be on the Tesla, but our old e-Golf had a spot on the windshield where the wipers rest when not in use that heated up. It looked like a little circuit pattern on the windshield. But again, not sure if Tesla is doing that/if it’s going to be visible on the windshield, or if the wipers themselves are actually heated.
It's supposed to be in the seat/steering heater section of the UI according to Reddit:

What's wrong with me? Trying to find if I have heated wipers on a 70 degree day. :)

It's supposed to be in the seat/steering heater section of the UI according to Reddit:

What's wrong with me? Trying to find if I have heated wipers on a 70 degree day. :)
70 degrees would be nice… it’s 12 here right now. But I meant visually being able to see on the car’s windshield, vs the interface. I could definitely see you needing the SW update to see it on the interface.

Reactions: leaftoy
I called tesla local delivery center and they changed my profile to reflect the loan from DCU, also got the new MVPA in a few minutes. The SA on the phone could not narrow down my delivery dates from the Jan 22-30 window, saying the car is being produced now and the dates will be available once it is on a delivery truck.

just to recap:
OD 8/17, profile complete Jan 3:
Got a VIN on Dec 22, but no sms or call with that, and the VIN was gone on Dec 24. Was in June jail since Dec 24.

Got a VIN NF367xxx yesterday 01/20 with SMS notification, with EDD Jan 22-30. Applied for DCU loan on 01/20.

Waiting now and hope no EDD changes

Cant edit: adding to post above;

The SA on phone said I dont need to complete the Plaid step if I want to give a cashier's check at delivery. I plan on doing the check since I am old fashioned and dont want anyone snooping my bank account.

This is not your old fashioned dealer where the sales person sits with you for a couple of hours and shows every little feature! In fact it is the exact opposite of that where the car is dropped off like a package. :)

Just finished homelink install and I asked the tech if he can program the garage door so that are sure the install went ok. He told me there are videos that show me how to program it and left. No handholding of any kind for Tesla owners apparently. At least not in the valley. :)
I drove my signed paperwork down to the dealership (closer than ups store) and asked if I should email someone specific about the imperfections that i had I found and the guy said no no you request service for it in the app 😂I guess I wanted maybe just a little hand hold for like the first 10 min 😂😂😂