Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I kept seeing all of these people getting VINs. MSM, White, Blue, Red…where was Black. I checked three times this morning and decided to check one more time…..
1643057485208.gif

I couldn’t believe my eyes…after 159 days…I got a VIN!!

32B8E0B4-20E6-4263-A6FC-BE8073AF78D4.jpeg

For those who had home delivery, was a Tesla rep present to accept payment? Trying to assess whether or not I'm gonna want to have a cashier's check in hand, or have it sent directly to Tesla....
Same question--I'm scheduled for home delivery and I plan to pay with a cashier's check. I presume if they need you to sign some paperwork that they'll be there to collect the check as well.

Reactions: kjudd11
Nope, still same EDD, no vin.
this is bullsh*t, we were supposed to be VIN buddies.

but honestly in a more serious note, Im lost as to why you don't have your VIN yet. It would honestly makes more senes for you to get your VIN before me since you ordered Earlier and same location. Im deadass hoping for you to get your VIN rn. Im waiting for you response

• Funny
Reactions: in2survive
Okay what a tease and it makes sense why my VIN was older. The SA said I got matched to a car in Kansas City that a customer never ended picking up. I was matched for a couple of hours but then out was cancelled. Oh well I guess I would've wanted a brand new build anyways. Back to waiting for my 7 seater - OD 8/4.
unlucky and lucky i guess.... Hope you get Matched ASAP

ITS GOING to be a LONG one, i can feel it
My beautiful Blue Y has been sitting on my driveway for an hour but I can't get off this damn work call to go inspect it!!!!

Panel gaps look good from my 2nd story window.
I would be saying this “sorry everyone, my connection is going in and out. Let me disconnect and see what happens…LOL

Funny how often Tesla starts contacting you once a VIN has been assigned.....currently being hounded about providing my financing info, and I just applied for my loan this morning. Been on hold for 30 minutes with DCU while awaiting my flight home. Hoping to get this all wrapped up sooner than later!

Funny how often Tesla starts contacting you once a VIN has been assigned.....currently being hounded about providing my financing info, and I just applied for my loan this morning. Been on hold for 30 minutes with DCU while awaiting my flight home. Hoping to get this all wrapped up sooner than later!
I was worried about the whole process with going through DCU but all that worry was for nothing. It turned out to be a real simple process. The loan people have tons of experience dealing with tesla they told me how it all works. Scheduling call backs and calling them first thing when they open on Saturday mornings seems to be key for getting through.