Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, 2 days into my 1 month EDD range, I got pushed out a week into yet another 1 month EDD. At least I know they haven't forgotten about me.
After the huge number of VINs in the last week, I thought maybe, maybe...but nope.

How many of us August orders are left?
I'm still here too, my EDD is on Jan 29th so I'm just waiting pertinently to see what happens. They did ask me if I want to trade in my current car so I'm waiting to see how much they will give me for it, but I do also have someone who may just buy it from me so I'm not concerned about that.

Reactions: DrGriz
Just followed up with DCU in regards to getting my cashier's check tracking info.....they said it should hopefully be in my inbox today. C'mon FedEx, don't let me down 🙏
Got my tracking info and my cashier's check should be here before the end of tomorrow! Of course there had to be another hiccup with DCU addressing the check to 'TELSA INC' instead of 'TESLA INC' (!!!), but I think I should be all good with the slight typo....right?!

Really hard to tell about the order date vs profile complete thing. I have read people saying that their SAs told them it did not. There's so much variability in delivery times that, how can you ever really know? I had my profile completed in August for sure, but then in September, when that EDD passed, I deleted my trade in and went to cash. Did that change my PC date and push me out? No way to be sure. I doubt it, but...
I think in my case its clear. My EDD is April 2 -30, Was March-April before it moved back 2 weeks. Most other Aug are in Jan and early Feb.

Well, 2 days into my 1 month EDD range, I got pushed out a week into yet another 1 month EDD. At least I know they haven't forgotten about me.
After the huge number of VINs in the last week, I thought maybe, maybe...but nope.

I'm still here with an OD of Aug 18 and a current EDD of Jan 31-Feb 14.

I'm still waiting here in SoCal too. OD & PC 8/29
MYLR | MSM | BLK | 20" | 5Seat | AP | W/tow
EDD has moved back and forth too many times to count. Entered EDD range 4 times now. Currently 1/27-2/10
I know it's probably of little consolation, but many of us August waiters made a vow to be here with the rest of the waiters to voice our solidarity and support even after we received our VINS. We're rooting for you!

Tesla Road-trip review - continued
1. Steering: for god’s sake, Trust your tesla, I know I am a perfectionist and sometime second guessed the way Tesla drives on Autopilot, but leave the steering to her, this car is equipped with many cameras and will think twice before it makes a bad decision, but it will always do what’s safer, lane changing detection of incoming cars is so safe, you may find yourself thinking “I would have done it if i were you” but be thankful, the car prioritizes safety at all costs, also, feel free to be a little scared when going over a sharp highway turn haha, the Tesla does not brake but tries to maintains enough speed to stay on lane and sharp turn, which is not what I would do personally, but it will do it well, way better than I could
2. Your battery will restore some of its juice, thanks to regenerative braking, which by the way also happens on AP, this is a great mechanism for your overall range, if you want to restore a lot of your battdry juice, drive on the city, or drive slower, one time the car asked me to drive 55 miles to reach a 3 hours destination, I am sure it’s possible? But I didn’t, the speed limit was 75, so I took a supercharger half way
3. For those of you who will cheat using the ankle brace lol, keep that brace wrapped on either the left or right side of the upper part of the steering, the lower part does not always get accurate reading and may ask you to touch the wheel, next time I am adding both braces, since the amazon orders provides too, but yes the upper part of the steering wheel is spot on, and you may not touch the wheels for hours haha
4. Acceleration: it is recommended that you switch to chill mode on long roand trips, which is a slower pace for the car acceleration, but good for battery and range, you may switch back to standard on the city (at the end of your trip of course), I used that city driving advanotate to accelerate like a maniac haha, yes even 0 -60 in 4.8 secs, is very fast
5. Noise: I hope this is an issue that can be fixed by Tesla, but I read reports that Tesla noise reduction is not great, there are some kits that can reduce it but will not kill it

And that’s all for now!
hope you find some of this helpful, please feel free to share if I was wrong on some aspects, after all I am still learning
So do you think FSD is worth getting or best for long road trips? (Does the basic autopilot drive for you?)

Reactions: eric.freeman
Holy moly!!!!! Why are Tesla MY so expensive to insure!!!!???? I just checked on Geico and its like an additional $1200 per 6 months for our premium??? I've had way more expensive cars and was not this pricey!!!!!
GEICO hastes Teslas. My ID.4 and Mach-E were almost half the cost and no different from the RAV4 Prime I drive now. When I take delivery of my Y I expect my rate to almost double (well maybe 50-75%).

So do you think FSD is worth getting or best for long road trips? (Does the basic autopilot drive for you?)
Basic autopilot = dynamic cruise control. It won't change lanes for you but it'll slow down/speed-up while keeping you in your current lane with the flow of traffic. If you don't foresee yourself changing lanes much and desiring your car take on the stress/hassle of the lane switch while on autopilot, then it should be sufficient for your needs on long road trips.

GEICO hastes Teslas. My ID.4 and Mach-E were almost half the cost and no different from the RAV4 Prime I drive now. When I take delivery of my Y I expect my rate to almost double (well maybe 50-75%).
I called Geico today and it turned out they had added some extended warranty for new cars to my quote. I said no thanks and the rate dropped. Now the rates seem similar to Progressive. Geico says Teslas are heavy cars and thats part of reason why price is so high. And also higher premium because Tesla is hard to deal with when an accident occurs. Has to be done Tesla's way and guess the insurance company doesn't like dealing with them, hahahaha.

• Informative
Reactions: DrGriz and voxel

Still waiting (8/18 OD and profile completion for a 7-seater).

Looking at EDD of 1/28 to 2/25. Lots of EDD changes in Jan for me -- see below.

MYLR7 | midnight silver | black interior | Gemini wheels | 7-seater | no tow | no FSD

Order and profile complete: 8/18

Initial EDD 11/28-12/26
EDD change #1 on 11/28: 01/08 - 02/05
EDD change #2 on 01/09: 01/12 - 02/09
EDD change #3 on 01/13: 01/16 - 02/09
EDD change #4 on 01/14: 01/19 - 02/02
EDD change #5 on 01/20: 01/23 - 02/01
EDD change #6 on 01/24: 01/28 - 02/25