Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What exactly is touchless home delivery? They drop off car at your driveway? Do you get to inspect the car? What if its raining or snowing?
If you watch your driveway like a hawk and go out as soon as the Tesla is on the driveway, depending on who the delivery person is you might be able to talk them into opening the car and waiting for a brief moment while you inspect the car. But normally they drop the car as if it is an Amazon package, get into their ride back and go. Not sure what the process to reject a home delivery is. If you really want that you will have to talk your delivery team into arranging a DC pickup.

Reactions: EvEv and eeee-meeee
Has anyone considered adding a HUD (Heads up display) to the MY? If so, which one?
I like the minimalistic look, but I think I need at least the speedometer in my sight without having to look down. Anyone?
I have looked at this one. I like how natural it looks.

I have looked at this one. I like how natural it looks.

That is an interesting one. I watch a review on it, how to instalol. I’ll be honest, I would have to find someone to do it for me. It is not “hard” but I fear breaking something.

Reactions: xSCMx
If you watch your driveway like a hawk and go out as soon as the Tesla is on the driveway, depending on who the delivery person is you might be able to talk them into opening the car and waiting for a brief moment while you inspect the car. But normally they drop the car as if it is an Amazon package, get into their ride back and go. Not sure what the process to reject a home delivery is. If you really want that you will have to talk your delivery team into arranging a DC pickup.
I’m paying with a check, so they have to stick around until I give them the funds. I will probably not do an exhaustive check, but I will give it a few minutes‘ inspection before I hand over the money.

Reactions: EvEv
I think Tesla needs to get a new legal department. How long does it f* take to draft a contract?? It has been months!! :)
AB1B9100-6228-49A7-97E6-F513DA21E318.jpeg

What exactly is touchless home delivery? They drop off car at your driveway? Do you get to inspect the car? What if its raining or snowing?
I didn't see a human during my touchless home delivery - here's how mine went if it helps

They text to say they were on the way.
5-10 min later my car was in front of my house.
Then i received another text saying the car has arrived (I walked outside and no one was there).
My next text said to open the tesla app and accept delivery to unlock the car. I inspected the outside before accepting but I guess if something was wrong and I would have had to call the sales center?
I found minor things wrong with the car just noted them and requested service for the issues.
The keys were inside the car along with a paper to sign and drop at ups or in a drop box at my local service center.

I paid for the full car through the app so I think if you have a cashiers check or financing stuff maybe they wait around to talk with you?

I didn't see a human during my touchless home delivery - here's how mine went if it helps

They text to say they were on the way.
5-10 min later my car was in front of my house.
Then i received another text saying the car has arrived (I walked outside and no one was there).
My next text said to open the tesla app and accept delivery to unlock the car. I inspected the outside before accepting but I guess if something was wrong and I would have had to call the sales center?
I found minor things wrong with the car just noted them and requested service for the issues.
The keys were inside the car along with a paper to sign and drop at ups or in a drop box at my local service center.

I paid for the full car through the app so I think if you have a cashiers check or financing stuff maybe they wait around to talk with you?
This was my experience as well. I also Paid in full, so no one stuck around. My car was just sitting in my drive way waiting for me.

I inspected before accepting — as much as I could till I needed to get in the car. Found minor things as well. Something else to note as being a home delivery— the minor things needed a service appointment and my earliest was feb 7th. So kind of a long time To wait for fixes.. I assume if it’s picked up at the delivery center, they fix on the spot? Anyway, it was a breeze.

This was my experience as well. I also Paid in full, so no one stuck around. My car was just sitting in my drive way waiting for me.

I inspected before accepting — as much as I could till I needed to get in the car. Found minor things as well. Something else to note as being a home delivery— the minor things needed a service appointment and my earliest was feb 7th. So kind of a long time To wait for fixes.. I assume if it’s picked up at the delivery center, they fix on the spot? Anyway, it was a breeze.
Thanks for info. Did you pick home delivery or is it Tesla's decision?