Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
to be fair, AMD power shines on streaming apps, and maybe an extra second on maps, but overall for everyday driving needs, Intel does the job, but yes if you do lots of streaming in the car, Intel is slow
I have young children, so I need AMD to watch “stuff” while I’m waiting at piano classes, hockey, swimming… I think driving wise, it wouldn’t make much difference. Tesla already had the most responsive infotainment system out there with the Intel chip.

Well, my new MYLR7 is getting a trial by fire ice here in Chicago. Drove through unplowed streets for a school drop off this morning and the car handled it flawlessly. Was a short trip though. We'll see how the longer drive is this afternoon after pick up. Got to drive on clear streets for one day and so far I love the car, notwithstanding my service issue (1 of 2 3rd row seats will not fold down). Honestly can't remember if I reported here, but VIN is 367XXX and I have all the recent goodies--Ryzen and dual-pane windows.

Well, my new MYLR7 is getting a trial by fire ice here in Chicago. Drove through unplowed streets for a school drop off this morning and the car handled it flawlessly. Was a short trip though. We'll see how the longer drive is this afternoon after pick up. Got to drive on clear streets for one day and so far I love the car, notwithstanding my service issue (1 of 2 3rd row seats will not fold down). Honestly can't remember if I reported here, but VIN is 367XXX and I have all the recent goodies--Ryzen and dual-pane windows.
dual pane REAR windows? The front windows have been dual pane for a long while now so just wanted to clarify.

Just got notice that Tesla can't deliver my car tomorrow as Tesla can not do home delivery in DC. It was the only option given to me btw! And they figure this out 2 days before delivery? As my young child would say... "what-the-what?" 😜 Think they need a new senior VP of car delivery and customer support. And part of job description should be to scour the pages of TMC for intel. Ohhhhhh Tesla!

Just got notice that Tesla can't deliver my car tomorrow as Tesla can not do home delivery in DC. It was the only option given to me btw! And they figure this out 2 days before delivery? As my young child would say... "what-the-what?" 😜 Think they need a new senior VP of car delivery and customer support. And part of job description should be to scour the pages of TMC for intel. Ohhhhhh Tesla!
Does your young one need a job? 😄

So did Tesla reschedule your delivery for pickup from a delivery center in the next few days?

Reactions: eeee-meeee
Ugh!! Hopefully you can pick it up?

You should apply! :D

Well, tonight some good news came my way! I decided to call my local service center to confirm 1) that my car is actually in my area 2) the severity of the ‘cosmetic issue’ that delayed my delivery. First off, the vehicle is at my local service center, and secondly, it sounds like the issue was only a minor scratch on the plastic trim, and essentially Tesla just needs to clip in a new part tomorrow. The delivery center rep indicated that there should be no more delivery delays for me, and that potentially I could get the car a day early! I’ll be receiving a call tomorrow morning to see what my options are looking like.
Just like clockwork, my delivery was delayed again to this Sunday, 2/6. Sounds like the replacement part needed for my vehicle's issue won't be in the service center until this Friday. That'll take some stress off me with the busy schedule I had this week, but looks like I'm officially going to be 160+ days of waiting from my OD, after my initial delivery date was supposed to be 1/28. Gotta love it.

Here's to another few days of spending money on gas and putting miles on my Mazda 👍

Last edited:
Reactions: samori01 and J1513