Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD 8/31/21 MYLR 5 WH/BL No No.
Just wanted to share my experience. I know a lot of others have waited but now I’m getting frustrated. Ordered end of august. Applied for Tesla loan but did not approve. Waited knowing it was going to be a while and wanted to be patient. Found out on oct 20th that not completing the loan made my profile incomplete after pulling SAs teeth through texts. EDD 4/19-5/17. I just want to say that all the people that think it’s our own fault for incomplete profile are dead wrong. When you give a $250 deposit, you are expecting that you have a place in line and profile and finance are absolutely different things.

OD 8/31/21 MYLR 5 WH/BL No No.
Just wanted to share my experience. I know a lot of others have waited but now I’m getting frustrated. Ordered end of august. Applied for Tesla loan but did not approve. Waited knowing it was going to be a while and wanted to be patient. Found out on oct 20th that not completing the loan made my profile incomplete after pulling SAs teeth through texts. EDD 4/19-5/17. I just want to say that all the people that think it’s our own fault for incomplete profile are dead wrong. When you give a $250 deposit, you are expecting that you have a place in line and profile and finance are absolutely different things.
💯% agree. Same happened to me. Ordered same say as you, not completing loan cause I did t know until Nov 1. Almost same EDD as you. Info in signature

💯% agree. Same happened to me. Ordered same say as you, not completing loan cause I did t know until Nov 1. Almost same EDD as you. Info in signature
Part of me was happy thinking I may get a Texas build but after reading through here it seems like when the EDD starts jumping around, VIN seems to follow although so many different experiences here as well. In the end, the 4680 bat really isn’t a game changer to the end user so I’ll take what I can get.

OD 8/27, Silver metallic 5 seat LR MY, black interior, 19”, tow, no FSD. EDD started in Jan, but has been all over the place. Been as early as late Dec but had held in Feb for a long while then March for a while. Pushed back to 5/3 to 5/31 a few days ago. Hoping it moves back up. Off by nearly a factor of two on the estimate is nuts. No way they are producing half the cars they expected.

Calling Tesla was an exercise in futility. Reading this forum it’s nice to see I’m not the only one with this kind of delay though.

We had a service appointment today (was supposed to be tomorrow but they called to see if they could come early).
Was only 2 business days from when I made the request. We do have an advantage in service here as the location is brand new and likely a bit oversized for current demand until the trucks start rolling out. Very good staff here.

Had all the parts on hand, brought a few bits and pieces just in case. Our external pedestrian warning speaker was "broken" and a trim piece was likely broken by the body shop prior to delivery. So very minor stuff.

Still doing lots of short trips because I "forgot" something or offering to just go take care of something for a customer really quickly that could have waited until the next time.

Reactions: J1513
I finally hit my delivery window over the weekend (February 19 - March 19) and on February 20 I woke up to a new window of March 4 - March 18. Now today I woke up to May 22 - June 19! Order and profile completion date was 8/28. 178 days and now I’m in the infamous June jail. I can’t understand it. Initial quote of January and now this.
MYLR7 White/Black/Tow/20”
Ordered three days after you and in the same boat with no VIN and endless promises from the SA...6 months for a car? I knew it was going to be long, but I would have never thought it would take this long. :(

I finally hit my delivery window over the weekend (February 19 - March 19) and on February 20 I woke up to a new window of March 4 - March 18. Now today I woke up to May 22 - June 19! Order and profile completion date was 8/28. 178 days and now I’m in the infamous June jail. I can’t understand it. Initial quote of January and now this.
MYLR7 White/Black/Tow/20”
My only guess is that this is because you are east of Austin. I also have a June EDD and I am hoping we'll get the Austin MY.

OD 8/27, Silver metallic 5 seat LR MY, black interior, 19”, tow, no FSD. EDD started in Jan, but has been all over the place. Been as early as late Dec but had held in Feb for a long while then March for a while. Pushed back to 5/3 to 5/31 a few days ago. Hoping it moves back up. Off by nearly a factor of two on the estimate is nuts. No way they are producing half the cars they expected.

Calling Tesla was an exercise in futility. Reading this forum it’s nice to see I’m not the only one with this kind of delay though.
This is exactly what I've been saying!

Thanks!😊 How have they been for you on snow?

Just looking at the reviews in Tire Rack. "Horrible on snow." Managed to get some Hakkapeliitta 10s coming so I can put them on next week. Couple more months of snow floor driving here!
I've been in the snow/ice with them 4x this week. They've been working just fine here in Reno 👍

Reactions: kjudd11 and DrGriz
I've been in the snow/ice with them 4x this week. They've been working just fine here in Reno 👍
Great to hear. By chance saw a Model Y LR with Contis at the ski area today. Parking lot was slick ice. As it took off, all 4 wheels spinning, it seemed to steer just fine. Not sure how well it would have stopped on a hill however, but the roads themselves were clear.

Reactions: J1513