Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last week my EDD range went from 3/2-3/30 to 3/15-3/29. Based on what I've read - a tightening window is usually a good sign. This morning my edd range changed to 6/8-7/6!

I'm on perpetual hold with Tesla to see if I can get any actual information. I've been super patient to this point - but 10+ months is pretty absurd. Hoping all of these changes are due to a system glitch.

8/21 OD. Red/Black, 5 seat, 20" wheels, no fsd, no tow.
Have been a few times recently someone pushed way out and a few days later it updated and they got a VIN. Bet next week, you will get yours.

Have been a few times recently someone pushed way out and a few days later it updated and they got a VIN. Bet next week, you will get yours.
Thanks. Yeah, I've had the same observation. I just hung up with a service rep. Very nice guy. He agreed that its been a long time since I placed the order and said he would escalate to their logistics team for review. I guess we'll see what happens.

Reactions: BGOwner
Last week my EDD range went from 3/2-3/30 to 3/15-3/29. Based on what I've read - a tightening window is usually a good sign. This morning my edd range changed to 6/8-7/6!

I'm on perpetual hold with Tesla to see if I can get any actual information. I've been super patient to this point - but 10+ months is pretty absurd. Hoping all of these changes are due to a system glitch.

8/21 OD. Red/Black, 5 seat, 20" wheels, no fsd, no tow.
I hope so too.. mine too was with a March two week window but has changed twice since.
Waiting for the store to open to check what’s going on.

I was thinking about this earlier. How about very busy DCs? Do you think this also slows it down so they can spread out deliveries to more DCs? That and the fact that they can only deliver so many at a time from a DC? I know (assume really) they don't ship to a DC without at least a full truckload, which may account for some in a smaller DC getting car earlier than others so that they can fill that truck.

Thinking of Telsa's logistics considerations sure gives you a headache.
Yes, I think that figures in as well. We were told that they don't ship (to Boise anyway) without a full 8 car truck. That's going to be a just in time decision. So it goes the other way, too. 7 cars on a truck ready to go and 6 months from order, you happen to have a car with the right profile but only 3 months from OD? Stick it on there and go. Someone else loses their car for the month.

I think that they prioritize shipping efficiency and that's something we or the SAs can have no insight into.

I will say that logistics plays a huge part in this. If you are in an out of the way place for Tesla (GB certainly counts, and so does Boise), you fall way down on the priority list. When we picked up our car I talked to our SA a little bit about this. Her observation was that things come in fits and starts.

Availability of truck drivers is huge. Boise will go a month without any (or at least very few) cars, and then get a big bolus like they just did this week.

In other words, it isn't necessarily about you or the details of your profile, although that certainly counts. Maybe the day they had a truck going to your DC there weren't any cars with your profile.
It’s a good theory and I appreciate the thought but I am picking up in Chicago. Hard to believe that’s not a major area for Tesla.

Reactions: DrGriz
It’s a good theory and I appreciate the thought but I am picking up in Chicago. Hard to believe that’s not a major area for Tesla.
Sorry don’t recall your config or order date. I am also picking up in Chicago area, Highland Park DC specifically. DC is, atm, full of new Teslas. My EDD is out in April-May. This is what me start to think of busy DC pushback.

Specs and EDDs listed in signature

Reactions: DrGriz
Switched to a 2 week window last week. Really crossing my fingers here. I read somewhere that EOQ delivery dates usually will get pushed back to next quarter :/

OD: 8/31
White on White , 20” wheels, no tow, no fsd
EDD: March 17 - March 30
Old ED was Feb 23 - March 23
🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
I think the end of quarter rush thing was quashed by Musk late last year. Too many problems went out the door that had to be fixed at higher expense later.
Might be wrong about that, but it seemed it worked that way in December.