Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why would you delay?
while waiting for MY, I had to purchase another car. I had also messaged my SA end of July asking if my order can be put on hold. He replied that is possible but since VIN has not been assigned, there is nothing to do at this time. Now with the tax credit back in play, i want to see it that passes and if possible push my order out.

same this happened to me (MYLR5 Black no tow 19" OD Aug 18,2021) and today got VIN assigned with Austin vin. Not sure if I want to delay/hold now
If you are trying to delay all the way to Jan 1st for the potential tax credit I don't think there is any way you could pull that off. Tesla is not allowing multiple holds on orders. They seem to allow one hold for about a month but after that will email you and threaten to cancel your order if you don't take delivery. You can reject the VIN but most get a new VIN within a few weeks. Let us know what your SA says about this if you try to hold...will be interested to know if there is leniency to hold all the way to Jan. From everything I've read, I seriously doubt it.

Reactions: DrGriz
If you are trying to delay all the way to Jan 1st for the potential tax credit I don't think there is any way you could pull that off. Tesla is not allowing multiple holds on orders. They seem to allow one hold for about a month but after that will email you and threaten to cancel your order if you don't take delivery. You can reject the VIN but most get a new VIN within a few weeks. Let us know what your SA says about this if you try to hold...will be interested to know if there is leniency to hold all the way to Jan. From everything I've read, I seriously doubt it.
SA has not responded yet. It was a long shot anyway.
I'm just glad to finally get my VIN and am getting my financing ready now

Reactions: DrGriz
Since they go on 8 vehicle semis, they wait to fill a truck going to your deliver center. So your car might be done, but a couple more need to be finished. Then they have to have an available driver.

This is how it was explained to me my my SA.