Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally got my VIN! Does anyone know what Tesla's current finance rate is?
Just shy of 4.5% however, you will be financed through a “preferred” bank, not Tesla. Essentially multiple banks/credit unions will pull your info and you will be given the best rate.

Also, MAKE SURE YOU GET YOUR CHARGER, I can’t stress this enough. The charger will not physically be in the vehicle. The SA you physically get your vehicle from will be surprised that you have been waiting so long. There are only a minority of orders that have been pushed out like ours. It’s sad, really.

Thanks
Just shy of 4.5% however, you will be financed through a “preferred” bank, not Tesla. Essentially multiple banks/credit unions will pull your info and you will be given the best rate.

Also, MAKE SURE YOU GET YOUR CHARGER, I can’t stress this enough. The charger will not physically be in the vehicle. The SA you physically get your vehicle from will be surprised that you have been waiting so long. There are only a minority of orders that have been pushed out like ours. It’s sad, really.
Thanks! My local credit union is offering 3% so I'll probably just go with that. Thanks for the reminder about the charger. I am going to put together a list of things to look for before accepting delivery.

I got the car last week but no mobile Charger I ordered in June? It’s obvious they do reply to mobile orders, going to call the cc and put a stop payment since they already charged me.
June as in June 2021?? They tried pulling that stunt on me too. I got snippy and argued with the guy. He told me to “accept” delivery on my phone so we could get started…. I thought for a moment and told him that, “I am holding you hostage until you get my charger.” He walked into the store and came back in a few minutes with it.

I am very unhappy with the experience.
They have chargers, that were supposed to be in the vehicle already, at their dealerships. Go back and tell them that your order was supposed to be included with it. They will do “their homework” and verify how old your order is and they will give it to you. Tell them that you never got an email/request to reserve on for you. That’s what they had to verify with my vehicle. These old orders are just a minority now, it’s annoying and these service advisors are not near as professional as legacy dealerships.

So my EDD just changed from Aug 30-Sept 13 to Sept 12 -Sept 22 and yes it changed on the 31 - 1 day after the previous period started. I am now officially crossing the 12 month mark today.
Larry, if you live close to a dealership, walk in and ask them to “escalate” your vehicle. When I hit the 12 month mark I sent a message that wasn’t very friendly. They called me back within 10 minutes. The SA stated that my order had fallen through the cracks and he was escalating it to make sure I got my car. My mid September delivery window showed up in 8 days…. I went from mid Sep. to having a vin and physical vehicle 3 days after vin! Took delivery the last Monday of August, nearly 365 days from date of order.

Larry, if you live close to a dealership, walk in and ask them to “escalate” your vehicle. When I hit the 12 month mark I sent a message that wasn’t very friendly. They called me back within 10 minutes. The SA stated that my order had fallen through the cracks and he was escalating it to make sure I got my car. My mid September delivery window showed up in 8 days…. I went from mid Sep. to having a vin and physical vehicle 3 days after vin! Took delivery the last Monday of August, nearly 365 days from date of order.
Unfortunately I am 4 hours away

June as in June 2021?? They tried pulling that stunt on me too. I got snippy and argued with the guy. He told me to “accept” delivery on my phone so we could get started…. I thought for a moment and told him that, “I am holding you hostage until you get my charger.” He walked into the store and came back in a few minutes with it.

I am very unhappy with the experience.
They have chargers, that were supposed to be in the vehicle already, at their dealerships. Go back and tell them that your order was supposed to be included with it. They will do “their homework” and verify how old your order is and they will give it to you. Tell them that you never got an email/request to reserve on for you. That’s what they had to verify with my vehicle. These old orders are just a minority now, it’s annoying and these service advisors are not near as professional as legacy dealerships.
I really hope after having me wait over 1 year (ordered 8/12, delivery window is 9/10-9/14) they are not going to make me fight for a mobile charger.

I just got this email from Tesla. It sounds like they are offering a $200 off coupon rather than including the mobile charger when I pick up. I wonder if all orders are seeing this or just the older orders
Tesla Charge Coupon.PNG

I just got this email from Tesla. It sounds like they are offering a $200 off coupon rather than including the mobile charger when I pick up. I wonder if all orders are seeing this or just the older ordersView attachment 847919
That’s the wall connector. They are trying to push the up charge for their supercharger stations. Most of us went with the 240v and 14-50 because it’s much cheaper. Tell them that you order when the chargin cords were included with your vehicle.

I just got this email from Tesla. It sounds like they are offering a $200 off coupon rather than including the mobile charger when I pick up. I wonder if all orders are seeing this or just the older ordersView attachment 847919
All orders placed before April 29th are now receiving the coupon instead of the charger in the car. Orders from Apr 29th onwards don't get charger and don't get coupon. Some people have still been getting chargers in the car this past week or so because some delivery centers are just using up their last stock.

The good thing is the coupon gets you the new MC kit with 14-50 adapter included so you don't have to pay extra if you need to plug into 14-50. The ones coming in the cars didn't have that adapter. Just the standard wall socket one.

Reactions: erica3535
I ordered a Model Y about a week ago (long range non-performance, pearl white, 19’’ Gemini wheels, black interior, five seats, FSD, and nothing else), and what happened next seems really odd to me...

The estimated delivery time frames have radically changed in a very short period of time per the Tesla app:
  • On 8/24 when I placed the order, it was March - July 2023 (7 - 11 months out).
  • On 8/30 it changed to March 7 - May 2, 2023 (7 - 9 months out).
  • On 9/1 it changed to "Dec 2022" (3 months out).
I expected some fluctuation over time, but these are major changes in just one week! Any ideas on what's behind this? Maybe huge production ramp at the Austin factory? Some supply chain issue suddenly resolved -- like battery 4680 battery production or other components? Other reasons?

Also: I just visited the tesla.com website and configured the same order. It shows: "Est. Delivery: Dec 2022 - Apr 2023".

Last edited: