Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Austin Built 24 MYP Quicksilver Delivery on 5/11/24

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello community!

I pulled the trigger and ordered a 24 MYP in quicksilver on black coming out of Austin. Already sold my 23 MYP, which was awesome. One day on Cars.com and gone! Full asking. Back to the new MYP, excited to see the new color as well as the build quality, etc coming out of Austin. Will post some pics when delivered, which as of right now, is looking like the 10th or 11th.

Hello community!

I pulled the trigger and ordered a 24 MYP in quicksilver on black coming out of Austin. Already sold my 23 MYP, which was awesome. One day on Cars.com and gone! Full asking. Back to the new MYP, excited to see the new color as well as the build quality, etc coming out of Austin. Will post some pics when delivered, which as of right now, is looking like the 10th or 11th.

why the upgrade? 23-24 is the same car other than the color?

• Funny
Reactions: tashtibet
why the upgrade? 23-24 is the same car other than the color?
We just did the same thing (haven't updated my signature line yet... out of characters. haha) because where we are we actually made money resetting the odometer and warranty plus getting a new exterior color. I'm not the OP but just offering potentials reasons why it may make sense even though it's effectively the "same" car.

Reactions: mborkow
We just did the same thing (haven't updated my signature line yet... out of characters. haha) because where we are we actually made money resetting the odometer and warranty plus getting a new exterior color. I'm not the OP but just offering potentials reasons why it may make sense even though it's effectively the "same" car.

That's nuts, but if the numbers make sense. In CA, we're on the hook for the taxes and we can't deduct the trade in. Makes it less appealing to jump around.

Reactions: mborkow
I can see that. This weekend I checked the value of my 2023 MYLR which is now the same as I paid considering the tax credit. It could make sense to get a 2024 tax credit, especially now that it's instant. I sort of did that in 2023, upgraded from 2022 M3 to 2023 MY per the credit. All my friends and neighbors think I'm nuts. -- NC sales tax is relatively low.

Already sold my 23 MYP, which was awesome. One day on Cars.com and gone! Full asking.

Should I ping the site owners who manage the marketplace subforums and have them remove the listing you have for a 23MYP?

Should I ping the site owners who manage the marketplace subforums and have them remove the listing you have for a 23MYP?

I, too, was a bit confused by this seemingly contradictory statement.

🍿

Sadly, the persons financing feel through this morning. Thats all good! Other avenues to sell on, like here in our community. Apologies for that confusion. I didnt even think of asking to edit here. Can you please do so for me so there is not confusion?

I, too, was a bit confused by this seemingly contradictory statement.

🍿

Sadly, the persons financing feel through this morning. Thats all good! Things happen. Other avenues to sell on, like here in our community and still listed on Cars.com. Apologies for that confusion. I didnt even think of asking to edit here, Can you please do so for me so there is no confusion?

I know right. They have been cutting cost left and right for everything else. It doesn't make business sense to build "low" volume vehicles at 2 different locations. I know they only build MYLR 7 seater at Fremont because it's a low volume production vehicle.

I believe the new quicksilver MY's are built exclusively out of Austin due to the paint color solely. Fremont's paint center isnt capable of producing this color from what I gather.

Sadly, the persons financing feel through this morning. Thats all good! Things happen. Other avenues to sell on, like here in our community and still listed on Cars.com. Apologies for that confusion. I didnt even think of asking to edit here, Can you please do so for me so there is no confusion?
No problem, this type of thing happens. Good luck with sale, and looking forward to your thoughts on the quicksilver once you get it in hand.

• Love
Reactions: JaeTheDev
No problem, this type of thing happens. Good luck with sale, and looking forward to your thoughts on the quicksilver once you get it in hand.

Thank you! Im hoping it goes to a home that will love her as much as I do! As we all know, Ive put a lot of stuff into this build without being too over the top. Def not for everyone, but I know someone will enjoy her. I just would hate to trade it in. Ill keep it until sold.