Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australia Model 3 key fob without Passive Entry??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys, just curiosity about the Austrlian Tesla shop selling the model 3/y key fob the description is different to other countries. So that I sent the email to customer support and here is what they got back to me
Screenshot_20210629-123504_Email.jpg

Is that true? Even Nee Zealand Tesla shop got the Key fob with passive entry I assume?
Screenshot_20210629-093628_Chrome.jpg

We've got the key fob, I got mine from the USA (it wasn't available in Aust when we got the car in 2019). It works fine and I mainly use it to unlock the frunk when walking up to car at the supermarket... just a simple double click whilst in the pocket and not having to find the phone.

It doesn't make sense, that means the key your got for your car was V1 without the passive entry is that right?
But what I am saying is I am trying to get a key fob from Tesla shop now is still V1 which will be confusing most of the people who is trying to get it from Aus Tesla thinks it is the v2 key and ends up getting the v1.. Tesla also just Removed the note underneath which clarifying it is a non passive entry key fob after I sent the email yesterday, I don't know why..
Even my 2011 audi got the passive entry..

I think Tesla changed the fobs to include passive entry in late 2019, so I got my fob delivered in Dec 2019, so it was the new model inc passive.

Very easy to setup, the same as a new key card.

I think Tesla changed the fobs to include passive entry in late 2019, so I got my fob delivered in Dec 2019, so it was the new model inc passive.

Very easy to setup, the same as a new key card.
This is the US tesla shop and yes it does have the passive entry function. But Australian Tesla shop selling the key fob hasn't got the passive entry function. They had the "no passive entry function" notice under the description removed yesterday as well. Have a look the Australian Tesla shop and you will know what I am talking about.

This is the US tesla shop and yes it does have the passive entry function. But Australian Tesla shop selling the key fob hasn't got the passive entry function. They had the "no passive entry function" notice under the description removed yesterday as well. Have a look the Australian Tesla shop and you will know what I am talking about.
This is what they replied me yesterday, which I think it is wrong, all other countries Tesla shop in the description it is referring to V2 key fob, only Australian one is referring to V1 key fob.
Screenshot_20210629-123504_Email.jpg

To clarify, passive entry is when the car just locks and unlocks itself?
This works fine with my fob purchased from Tesla AU last month.

I initially thought you meant RFID entry, so I pulled the battery out and tested that just now.
Both scenarios work as expected :)