Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australia Q3 (Jul - Sep) MY Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anybody who ordered in July got vin assigned? I ordered MYRWD on 5th July, and nothing has changed so far, the only thing I changed is colour (grey), just wondering know how long would it take roughly to get the vin
Ordered 30th June, No VIN still. I think it takes roughly 3-4 weeks to get one assigned based from what I've read in other threads. The latest date I saw with a VIN is 19th June.

I ordered on June 1 and I don't have a VIN yet. If there's anything I have learnt, there is no true logic to when and how the VINs are assigned.
that's a long wait, looking at past couple of months it has been about 4-6weeks from OD to VIN assignment from what I can see. but agree with what you said that there is no true logic. what specs did you order?

that's a long wait, looking at past couple of months it has been about 4-6weeks from OD to VIN assignment from what I can see. but agree with what you said that there is no true logic. what specs did you order?
I originally ordered a Red RWD MY with black interior. But I then changed it to a Blue after the recent price drop so it is under the threshold for rebate in QLD.

I contacted Tesla who assured me that changing the colour would not put me at the back of the queue as cars are allocated based on order date.

I do think that I probably would have a VIN had I chosen a White RWD or a LR.

I ordered on June 1 and I don't have a VIN yet. If there's anything I have learnt, there is no true logic to when and how the VINs are assigned.
Yeah legit. They are people who are picking up their cars just recently after ordering in JAN. It just depends on what is being produced at the factory at the moment, all the way to which units are allocated to your country/state/port. Lots of variables here.

would colour be a factor?
I would think so. White being the default (free) colour as of two weeks ago, Tesla would anticipate its sales and produce more of that colour. And red being the most expensive, would automatically means they would produce less? Well, no true stats to back this up, just assumptions tho.

Yeah legit. They are people who are picking up their cars just recently after ordering in JAN. It just depends on what is being produced at the factory at the moment, all the way to which units are allocated to your country/state/port. Lots of variables here.

I would think so. White being the default (free) colour as of two weeks ago, Tesla would anticipate its sales and produce more of that colour. And red being the most expensive, would automatically means they would produce less? Well, no true stats to back this up, just assumptions tho.
So silver seems like a wrong colour if I want to get it asap...

So silver seems like a wrong colour if I want to get it asap...
Well any other colour besides white and red would logically have the same odds.
If you're really looking to get your vehicle urgently, constantly keep an eye on the inventory list and buy one off there.
From what I can gather, people who buy off the inventory list gets their car pretty quickly, 2-3 weeks from there order date.

Ouch. I really hope that's not the case. I spoke to Tesla over the phone prior to changing the colour and he was very confident that VIN allocation is based on order date.
I looked at the updated order agreement (after changing the colour) and it still reflects my original order date. There's no mention of the date I changed anywhere in the order.

Ordered RWD Model Y on 23/6/23. Already have VIN a week ago and an update that my vehicle has arrived in Australia two days ago. Now waiting for advisement to pay for my order, then I guess pick up from Alexandria NSW shortly after that. Having said all that, it could sit at the dock for a month! who knows.
So, update...Still no delivery date. Delivery estimate has been pushed back twice by Tesla. Now late July/August. VIN was assigned weeks ago. Telsa email advised me vehicle arrived in Australia on the 4th of July, and VIN was entered into RAV on the 7th of July! I can only assume the vehicle is stuck in quarantine for who knows how long.

So, update...Still no delivery date. Delivery estimate has been pushed back twice by Tesla. Now late July/August. VIN was assigned weeks ago. Telsa email advised me vehicle arrived in Australia on the 4th of July, and VIN was entered into RAV on the 7th of July! I can only assume the vehicle is stuck in quarantine for who knows how long.
Update...Received another "Your Tesla has arrived in Australia" email a couple of days ago. Now today, I have received delivery schedule email and SMS today. Pick up in a week.

Reactions: akr257
Just to contribute to the knowledge pool - MY RWD White with Black interior, 19" Gemini ordered 11 July. No VIN or hidden VIN at the time of this post.

Will keep you all updated.

Biding my time looking at accessories... ;)

You should get a timeframe fairly soon. Ordered mine on the 5th of July and earlier today, the time frame on the app updated to show dates. No VIN yet.

• Helpful
Reactions: Midnight Man