Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australia Q3 (Jul - Sep) MY Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For me (I have an outstanding valuation though) there is no hidden VIN (checked using the extension to Chrome, and manually)
Probably waiting for that then.
I have no trade in, i just ordered paid my deposit and now waiting. I did request a trade in, but it was separate to when we ordered so we just have a 30 day trade in offer and cant put more than 1600km on the car before we need to do it again

I picked up my Blue RWD MY at Pinkenba (Brisbane) today.

Order date: 1st June
Final Invoice: 29 July
Car arrived in Brisbane on August 2nd
Delivery notification : August 7th
Pick up: August 12th

I didn't bother with any paid car tracking service.

You can get a chrome extension that will reveal the VIN, I assume same will be on safari, firefox etc.

- Alternatively, from desktop, if you right click on the blank areas of a web page and "View source" or something similar to that to view the backend code of the page and type in exactly in quotes: "vin" or LRW (this is the start of the vin codes), It will do the same as the extension, i can only assume if you have been given your schedule, then the VIN is hiding there.
I did both, and can confirm I don't have a vin

Few trackers suggest 22 August it will arrive in BNE, Also saying it goes to Port Kemb, and Melb so, given time to unload at each port and the time frame we have been given i reckon pretty good chance this is it.

Appears the ship is in this clip too:
Judging by the fact how quickly they unload and that by the movement reports spends 1 day in port, should be reasonably quick.

Midnight Man, why did you change to black interior? Is it because of the potentially longer wait time on the white interior? I ordered on 19 June RWD White/White in Qld and still nothing.
I'm sorry to hear of your long delay :( I hope you get a vehicle allocated soon!

For me, actually - it was a pretty interesting reason.

Every vehicle I've owned gets a sheepskin seat cover for driver and passenger - custom made, in my case, from: Mortels Seat Covers – Mortels Sheepskin Factory

Of all the possible "accessories" you can want in a car, a sheepskin seat cover (get the best you can afford) will save you being frozen in winter, and boiling in summer. You never "stick" to the seat, and there is always breathability down your back etc.

After ordering the white (to keep out the heat in summer), I rang Mortels, and the lightest colour they can make their covers in is a bamboo (beige) colour - which would have looked... stupid.

Hence I swap to black interior, and will order a medium-grey seat covers when it's delivered.

Im getting bombarded in Tesla emails now. Sent new rego doc's, then final invoice email (4 times now). So needless to say i think the car will be here soon.

What accessories are worth getting, other than charging cables.... im thinking the little insert buckets and the waterproof boot and floor liner could be worth it,

Im getting bombarded in Tesla emails now. Sent new rego doc's, then final invoice email (4 times now). So needless to say i think the car will be here soon.

What accessories are worth getting, other than charging cables.... im thinking the little insert buckets and the waterproof boot and floor liner could be worth it,
Im getting similar vibes as you are from Tesla.

It almost feels like another price drop is coming. They were behaving similarly at the end of June, then boom a $4k price drop at the start of July for anyone who had not paid

Food for thought.

It almost feels like another price drop is coming. They were behaving similarly at the end of June, then boom a $4k price drop at the start of July for anyone who had not paid

Food for thought.
I think its more system error rather than someone hounding for cash. I did ring them today also to sort a few things out, so i suspect someone tinkering around has set the system to go nuts.

The recent price drop would have had to do with the fact NSW is giving away $3k rebate if the car is under 68500. I actually bought before the price drop as we wanted an Y more than a 3, but i did say out loud, why not take the $700 hit on the price and sell 10x as many units. Then 1-2 weeks later, bam price drops and i suspect alot more people are ordering to get that sweet 3k

Food for thought.
Tesla have dropped the price of Y LR and Y Perf in China a few hours ago: Tesla cuts prices in China for some Model Y versions

Make of that what you will, but in the face of the recent price drop here making more models available under the LCT, and the resulting orders from that, I would have to wonder if further price cuts would happen here soon... and I think perhaps not?

I actually think comparatively Australia currently has some of the cheapest Tesla available in the world. I just checked a handful of areas and prices all for MYRWD, pov pack, no upgrades, all converted into AUD are:

USA: 77k (This one is an exception as there base is dual motor)
CA: 71k
MX: 73k
UK: 88k
SWE:78k
DE: 75k
HK: 81k
CN: 41k
AU: 68k
NZ: 64k

With this in mind lends me to believe the price drop was purely to capture the governments rebates, as its 3k in NSW for example pushing it down to 65k. I dont think AU will be getting any more price drops soon.

Reactions: Midnight Man
I think its more system error rather than someone hounding for cash. I did ring them today also to sort a few things out, so i suspect someone tinkering around has set the system to go nuts.

The recent price drop would have had to do with the fact NSW is giving away $3k rebate if the car is under 68500. I actually bought before the price drop as we wanted an Y more than a 3, but i did say out loud, why not take the $700 hit on the price and sell 10x as many units. Then 1-2 weeks later, bam price drops and i suspect alot more people are ordering to get that sweet 3k
Dont think its that simple. They could have dropped it less than $4k to capture the rebate in their poverty pack.

And if you wanted induction wheels, for example, you miss out on the $3k... where another price drop means you can have your wheels and the discount. They would have some analyst looking at all these scenarios and purchasing metrics obviously, and no one really knows.

In NSW price drops it to around 67ish. So you could add a paint / interior / wheel upgrade and still get the rebate. I think it's 1 or 2 upgrades before you breach the rebate limit. But still, 65k final price, especially considering equivalent petrol cars are nearly the same price. Great value