Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 highland accessories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been studying these for a while...

Regarding 'shorting out'... no idea.

Regarding 'unplanned opening'... should be pretty safe. If I understand it correctly, the device only activates when lowering the front boot, and it then releases the lock to allow gravity to close the lid. The front boot is unlatched from the control panel or the app, and I think that particular risk will be unchanged.

What DOES please me is that it appears that the Highland version doesn't require Bowden cables to operate. It looks like it's a bracket that bolts onto the existing latch with the motor incorporated. IIRC, one of the other solutions has a remote operating motor that gets tucked away in the front of the car and secured with double sided tape. I have NEVER seen anything substantial stay in place with double sided tape... least of all under the bonnet of a car!

I think this looks like it will be worth the risk and will likely order one.
I agree. I was watching some youtube videos of people fitting the models with the cables and was a bit concerned about the tape too. One guy mentions he cable tied it down as he was concerned.

Some good tips in there especially about taking time and photos, as well as marking the location of any bolts etc.
When i went to look at the demo m3h i do recall being concerned about closing the bonnet latch, not just the physical side of it but i left grotty hand prints on that beautiful blue paint… I actually apologised and offered to clean it but they said dont worry..

Reactions: MacTessy
  • Funny
Reactions: Jules22
Bonnet sucker has shipped

IMG_8627.jpeg

Bonnet sucker has shipped

View attachment 1013160

Mine is from these guys:

1706515176335.png

Yes - almost impossible to tell on AliExpress who is the maker, who is a distributor, who is a dealer, etc. It's what I used to describe as a 'disorderly market'.

@dronus: you are getting CashRewards on all your AliExpress purchases, right? 4.5% cash back... buy more accessories...

Reactions: dronus
Mine is from these guys:

View attachment 1013168

Yes - almost impossible to tell on AliExpress who is the maker, who is a distributor, who is a dealer, etc. It's what I used to describe as a 'disorderly market'.

@dronus: you are getting CashRewards on all your AliExpress purchases, right? 4.5% cash back... buy more accessories...
Yes, i am well suckered into that rabbit hole…