Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 Highland experiences, tips, tricks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Image_20240624213827.jpg

I recently discovered a fairly deep scratch (keyed most likely) on the rear door of my car and am looking to get some touch-up paint to fix it. Any advise on the a good place in Sydney to obtain good touch-up paint that matches the car's colour? Any recommendations for reputable stores or services would be greatly appreciated.

View attachment 1059245
I recently discovered a fairly deep scratch (keyed most likely) on the rear door of my car and am looking to get some touch-up paint to fix it. Any advise on the a good place in Sydney to obtain good touch-up paint that matches the car's colour? Any recommendations for reputable stores or services would be greatly appreciated.
I’ve bought color n drive for mine which has worked well.

Otherwise I’ve heard good things about dr colorchip and I believe you can get a small bottle made for you at your local Supercheap Auto / Repco / etc. They have the mix formula in their computers.

Reactions: Arashiii
View attachment 1059245
Dr Colorchip has exact matches for Tesla paint codes. I recently got one to touch up some paint chips for my ultra red M3H and the color is spot on you can't tell the difference. Dr. ColorChip Australia

Reactions: Arashiii
Reactions: dronus
Hey guys strange things been happening lately thought to share.

1. The rear boot when I've opened it either via screen or my app or the release on it physically, sometimes doesn't close when I press the boot close button on the boot physically. It doesn't make the beep sound, and I press it many times.
I walk away then come back, press it again then it closes, its frustrating! Wondering as this only recently started perhaps its' due to the new update 20.1

2. second point, - car sometimes blows cold air even though car has been set to heat its warm enough outside and ive been driving a good 5+ mins.
I've always got it set to 24deg + heat and it always heats up, but randomly today decided to not heat the car just blow cold air

Hoping these are just bugs which can be fixed next update

1. The rear boot when I've opened it either via screen or my app or the release on it physically, sometimes doesn't close when I press the boot close button on the boot physically. It doesn't make the beep sound, and I press it many times.
I walk away then come back, press it again then it closes, its frustrating! Wondering as this only recently started perhaps its' due to the new update 20.1
This sounds like a fault with the boot button. I've not noticed any problem like that, anyway.

2. second point, - car sometimes blows cold air even though car has been set to heat its warm enough outside and ive been driving a good 5+ mins.
I've always got it set to 24deg + heat and it always heats up, but randomly today decided to not heat the car just blow cold air
It'll do this if the car has been in the sun and heated up past the set temperature, which can easily happen even when it's cold out.

Had my first chance to try out the service request today. When I left home this morning the screen stayed in night mode and then I realised the GPS location was stuck at home and not moving.

Got to work, did a two button reset. Fixed the screen but GPS was still showing at home. Used the service request, was pretty impressed with the process, they booked an appt for Tuesday morning, about 2 mins drive from work.

When I got back in the car and started driving though, the GPS was working again. Not sure if the two button reset fixed it or if they had logged in.

I like the process though, reassures me that if something goes wrong it's nice and easy to request service.

Had my first chance to try out the service request today. When I left home this morning the screen stayed in night mode and then I realised the GPS location was stuck at home and not moving.

Got to work, did a two button reset. Fixed the screen but GPS was still showing at home. Used the service request, was pretty impressed with the process, they booked an appt for Tuesday morning, about 2 mins drive from work.

When I got back in the car and started driving though, the GPS was working again. Not sure if the two button reset fixed it or if they had logged in.

I like the process though, reassures me that if something goes wrong it's nice and easy to request service.
I have an appt booked tues 7 July also, see if they can fix up the rattle and squeaks.

I have an appt booked tues 7 July also, see if they can fix up the rattle and squeaks.
Yeah, told them to cancel mine as it seems to be fine now.

Funny enough when I was at the delivery center checking out the Cybertruck just as I left I had a bit of a rattle for the first time, it went away pretty quickly though, I think it might have just been a leaf or something in the vents, was just funny that I got it leaving the delivery center.

This sounds like a fault with the boot button. I've not noticed any problem like that, anyway.

It'll do this if the car has been in the sun and heated up past the set temperature, which can easily happen even when it's cold out.

Ah thanks mate, will log it in the app to check, hope remote service this time, sick of driving 30mins to nearest center haha

Yeh this evening on way home from work heater worked fine, guess must be the sun thing as it did sit in the sun all day.

Cheers

Ah thanks mate, will log it in the app to check, hope remote service this time, sick of driving 30mins to nearest center haha

Yeh this evening on way home from work heater worked fine, guess must be the sun thing as it did sit in the sun all day.

Cheers
Another thought, was your climate set to "auto" and if so, what fan speed do you use (low-med-high) ?
I think "low" is ideal in winter, you shouldn't really feel the air coming out.

Another thought, was your climate set to "auto" and if so, what fan speed do you use (low-med-high) ?
I think "low" is ideal in winter, you shouldn't really feel the air coming out.
Cos its winter I always set to heat not auto and ac on heat set to 24 low level 1 that's my norm

I like driving with heater on and window half down so i can vape, get a combo of hot and cold haha weird

Cos its winter I always set to heat not auto and ac on heat set to 24 low level 1 that's my norm

I like driving with heater on and window half down so i can vape, get a combo of hot and cold haha weird
My rear fan is still randomly turning on with no one in the seat or seatbelts attached.
It’s not a huge problem as I just turn it back off, but having it on does create more fan noise.
It probably turns on to more efficiently cool/heat the cabin so I forgive it, just an observation.

My rear fan is still randomly turning on with no one in the seat or seatbelts attached.
It’s not a huge problem as I just turn it back off, but having it on does create more fan noise.
It probably turns on to more efficiently cool/heat the cabin so I forgive it, just an observation.
yeah def louder with the rears on, strange why this happens - service ticket if you can be bothered haha