Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 Highland experiences, tips, tricks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve had a search thru the forums and none of the answers seem to work for the following question:

In regards to “Pin to Drive” is there an easy way to change the pin?

Other answers have either involved logging in using your email address or some other random tangents.

Shirley there is a “change pin” button somewhere?
Disable pin to drive under security & drivers in the app.

Then select clear PIN and then set a new one.

Reactions: dronus
I’ve got a “getting used to no stalks” question. On my previous car when you were in autopilot and for whatever reason the speed was set to less than the posted speed you could just hold down the right stalk and it would match it. How do you do that same thing on these new ones. I tried holding down the scroll wheel you use to get into autopilot thinking that was kind of similar to how the old way worked but that just took me out of autopilot.

IMG_9936.png

I’ve got a “getting used to no stalks” question. On my previous car when you were in autopilot and for whatever reason the speed was set to less than the posted speed you could just hold down the right stalk and it would match it. How do you do that same thing on these new ones. I tried holding down the scroll wheel you use to get into autopilot thinking that was kind of similar to how the old way worked but that just took me out of autopilot.
Just tap the speed limit on the screen

So the link to the manual didn’t show anything. I know you can spin the scroll wheel to change the speed. That wasn’t my question. I want a quick easy way to match the speed if it has changed from 80 to 110 or something. I also know you can tap the speed limit on the screen. You could do that on the old one as well.
I guess it’s on me for not being clear enough but I tend to babble on too much with unnecessary information my wife tells me so I was trying to keep it concise.
This is my third Tesla so assume I know the basics. However it’s my first highland stalkless model and I was trying to figure out how to do something I used to do with the stalk on this one without a stalk. I’m going to assume though that there isn’t an equivalent action seeing as no one has come forth with one. That’s a shame really because I used that feature all the time and tapping the speed icon is not as good.

Reactions: Jules22 and dronus
So the link to the manual didn’t show anything. I know you can spin the scroll wheel to change the speed. That wasn’t my question. I want a quick easy way to match the speed if it has changed from 80 to 110 or something. I also know you can tap the speed limit on the screen. You could do that on the old one as well.
I guess it’s on me for not being clear enough but I tend to babble on too much with unnecessary information my wife tells me so I was trying to keep it concise.
This is my third Tesla so assume I know the basics. However it’s my first highland stalkless model and I was trying to figure out how to do something I used to do with the stalk on this one without a stalk. I’m going to assume though that there isn’t an equivalent action seeing as no one has come forth with one. That’s a shame really because I used that feature all the time and tapping the speed icon is not as good.
Yeah good question, this is my first Tesla so I don’t know any different.
Holding down the right scroll wheel sounds like a good idea but as you say it doesn’t do what you want.
It would be cool if you could customise certain things like that but ohh well

I just got back from a drive because I was bored and wanted to use the adaptive headlights driving thru the hills.
They work awesome.

One thing that did catch me off guard…
I use TACC a bit to try and keep to the speed limit and to automate regen when rolling down hills.

I was rolling down a big hill with TACC engaged approaching a roundabout.
The car seemed to know there was a roundabout ahead and started braking, I was still a fair way from it, over 150m or more.
Sometimes I tap the brake to disengage TACC because quite often pressing the right scroll wheel has a big lag or doesn’t work.
In this case I went to tap the brake but the pedal was going down by itself. It just caught me off guard.
Anyone else had this? It’s probably just me and I should pay more attention

I just got back from a drive because I was bored and wanted to use the adaptive headlights driving thru the hills.
They work awesome.

One thing that did catch me off guard…
I use TACC a bit to try and keep to the speed limit and to automate regen when rolling down hills.

I was rolling down a big hill with TACC engaged approaching a roundabout.
The car seemed to know there was a roundabout ahead and started braking, I was still a fair way from it, over 150m or more.
Sometimes I tap the brake to disengage TACC because quite often pressing the right scroll wheel has a big lag or doesn’t work.
In this case I went to tap the brake but the pedal was going down by itself. It just caught me off guard.
Anyone else had this? It’s probably just me and I should pay more attention
I generally turn it off when approaching something like a roundabout to engage the full regen as it slows down. I guess it can use the actual brakes with TACC and that would explain the break pedal going in by itself.

On a separate note, how bad are the rattles/squeeks you have for the service appt in July?
My steering wheel has started again but its not much.. not really worth going for a specific service appointment yet.
Yeah mine is going in on Tuesday.
The steering wheel squeak is noticeable and the door rattle is getting pretty bad. Something is getting worse over there. It was enough to annoy me while driving today.

Reactions: Jules22 and divstar
Went out to squeegy the windows this morning and noticed this.

The passenger front window slightly ajar.

I have auto close on lock enabled and haven’t opened that window recently.

I then opened the door and the window went down to where it usually does when you open the door, and closing the door the window closed the whole way.

It looks like it’s been like that all night, the seals are wet but luckily no water has got in the car.

Just something to keep an eye on I suppose..

IMG_1062.jpeg