Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 Highland experiences, tips, tricks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Time for a m3hp?
IMG_1036.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: Jules22
So I'm pretty sure I know the answer but I figure this is a good place to confirm. The Highland M3s don't have the full enhanced autopilot feature set yet do they?
They have Navigate on Autopilot and Auto Lane Change now but not, Autopark, Summon or Smart Summon?
It still shows them as "Upcoming" on the website but in the Tesla App if I go to buy Enhanced Autopilot is says I get them all. I'm assuming that's a mistake.
It's just that when I just took delivery of my M3P I got 10,000 loyalty credits to spend and I was thinking of spending some of them on 3 months of Enhanced Autopilot. I want to get the most out of it though and so was wondering about the other features, if they are in fact available or try to figure out how much longer they might be to best judge the timing of redemption. I only have 12 months to use them.

So I'm pretty sure I know the answer but I figure this is a good place to confirm. The Highland M3s don't have the full enhanced autopilot feature set yet do they?
They have Navigate on Autopilot and Auto Lane Change now but not, Autopark, Summon or Smart Summon?
It still shows them as "Upcoming" on the website but in the Tesla App if I go to buy Enhanced Autopilot is says I get them all. I'm assuming that's a mistake.
It's just that when I just took delivery of my M3P I got 10,000 loyalty credits to spend and I was thinking of spending some of them on 3 months of Enhanced Autopilot. I want to get the most out of it though and so was wondering about the other features, if they are in fact available or try to figure out how much longer they might be to best judge the timing of redemption. I only have 12 months to use them.
Correct, they are due 'soon' and with 2024.20.6 they rolled out to a bunch more countries in Europe and I think it was Thailand (if not another country in Asia), so I suspect it's just waiting on the tick from regulators here along with the adaptative headlight improvements.

Reactions: muddie
Correct, they are due 'soon' and with 2024.20.6 they rolled out to a bunch more countries in Europe and I think it was Thailand (if not another country in Asia), so I suspect it's just waiting on the tick from regulators here along with the adaptative headlight improvements.
Thanks for all that. Wonder what improvements are coming to the adaptive headlights. I think they are fantastic as they are. I’ve been driving around with my high beams on all the time since they enabled it and haven’t been flashed once. So I’m really impressed. I used to never have the auto dipping high beams on when that was our only choice. They were useless and I would get flashed all the time so just turned them off. Once the adaptive high beams came along though it’s been fantastic and I haven’t looked back.

Reactions: dronus
Thanks for all that. Wonder what improvements are coming to the adaptive headlights. I think they are fantastic as they are. I’ve been driving around with my high beams on all the time since they enabled it and haven’t been flashed once. So I’m really impressed. I used to never have the auto dipping high beams on when that was our only choice. They were useless and I would get flashed all the time so just turned them off. Once the adaptive high beams came along though it’s been fantastic and I haven’t looked back.
They are adding a feature to have the lights shine into a turn as well as a few other minor improvements.

I agree that they are fantastic.

Reactions: dronus and muddie
Love the adaptive lights, it's cool watching them change intensity as it goes down the road. I have finally one thing that I don't like about my car. At night I can't find the outside door handle. I have finger prints all over the body surrounding the handle.
You can try using some of these… low cost option

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! AU$5.39 52% Off | USVOTOV For Tesla Model 3 Y Door Handle Cover Glow Protector Luminous At Night Sticker Soft Wrap Kit Car Organizer Accessories

Love the adaptive lights, it's cool watching them change intensity as it goes down the road. I have finally one thing that I don't like about my car. At night I can't find the outside door handle. I have finger prints all over the body surrounding the handle.
One of the reasons I went with white ... and I like the black contrasts with the white paint as well.

Yeah it takes a bit of getting used too, with stealth grey they are invisible!

I have found that I've dialed it in though, like the indicators on the steering wheel you become situationally aware of your position and the car, in this case the B Pillar and it just magically happens :)

I’ve had a search thru the forums and none of the answers seem to work for the following question:

In regards to “Pin to Drive” is there an easy way to change the pin?

Other answers have either involved logging in using your email address or some other random tangents.

Shirley there is a “change pin” button somewhere?

I’ve got a “getting used to no stalks” question. On my previous car when you were in autopilot and for whatever reason the speed was set to less than the posted speed you could just hold down the right stalk and it would match it. How do you do that same thing on these new ones. I tried holding down the scroll wheel you use to get into autopilot thinking that was kind of similar to how the old way worked but that just took me out of autopilot.