Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 highland accessories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cancel and get the ones I suggested.. only a bit more and look much better tbh :)

Done :) Thanks @TE5L4

Reactions: TE5L4 and Mes1
Any idea if you can use a 15amp extension cable with a Tesla mobile charger?
We have a 15amp socket in the kitchen and wondered if occasionally I could use the 15amp socket (2.6kw) to charge the car with the mobile charger to get a bit more charging speed every now and again when using the mobile unit

Any idea if you can use a 15amp extension cable with a Tesla mobile charger?
We have a 15amp socket in the kitchen and wondered if occasionally I could use the 15amp socket (2.6kw) to charge the car with the mobile charger to get a bit more charging speed every now and again when using the mobile unit
Of-course you can. Get a better quality one from bunnings or somewhere of adequate length. You can use the same during camping trips.

And 15 amps should give approx 3.6kw (240v x 15a = 3600w = 3.6kw)

Installed the under seat vent covers from ali express, looks good haha

Attachments

• 20240213_201053.jpg
    20240213_201053.jpg
    928.6 KB · Views: 30
Trying to think which mods i have left to do.

Put soft close frunk back in..
door trims when they arrive
Dont think ill bother with the phone hooder/charger.. the wireless pad seems good..

Think thats all thats left, everything else is in

Just make sure the conductor size is min 2.5mm and the cable is as short as possible.
Not recommended though.
Actually 2.5mm2 is good for 13A with acceptable voltage drop.

4mm2 can easily handle upto 17a .

Here is current rating chart for 20m
1707823388661.png

and Here it is for 40m

1707823493484.png

If you are using 2.5mm2 cable just limit the current to 12Amps (2.8kw)

And here is a 40m outdoor extension cable from bunnings which is rated for 15a but better to dial down the charging rate to 12a/13a:

Trying to think which mods i have left to do.

Put soft close frunk back in..
door trims when they arrive
Dont think ill bother with the phone hooder/charger.. the wireless pad seems good..

Think thats all thats left, everything else is in
Yeh I was adamant I would need a phone holder but now phone just sits on the charger can still see it, and I use my tesla screen for everything, haven't felt need to have phone mounted at all which is great cleaner look

Reactions: Jules22 and dronus
Don't get a bunnings cable, get a welding cable like this:

Seems atleast double the price but they have all the choices both in 2.5mm2 and 4mm2 single phase and three phases.

I will try to get a bunnings cable and do a teardown and see how good/ bad it is and insulation quality and heat/fire tolerance whenever I go there for yummy hotdog :)

• Funny
Reactions: dronus