Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 highland accessories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spent some happy time this arvo installing various bits and bobs into my M3. Photos and comments follow:

Boot lip and side protection (Ali Express)

View attachment 1024108

Easily done. Looks OEM. Recommended.

Mud flaps (Amazon)

View attachment 1024109

View attachment 1024110

Very low profile. Very good fit (scuplted for every curve of the inner guards). Based on driving in rain yesterday evening, they had SOME beneficial effect. Hoping that the low profile does not harm range too much.

Pedal covers (Braumach Auto Parts, but almost certainly available at half the price from Ali Express)

View attachment 1024111

Look GREAT from at least a 1m distance. A bit rough and ready up close. Install tip: leave them in the sun for 20mins to soften the rubber, and the job is easily done.

Door sill covers (front and rear, X-Car on eBay)

View attachment 1024112
View attachment 1024113

These are the things I'm least convinced about. Clearly they WILL protect the sills, but I'm not at all sold on the MODEL 3 'branding'. Install tip: these things have Velcro all over the back and WILL grip the carpet in all the wrong places as you install. Use the Dronus Method (tm): slip some paper (or the plastic bags they came in) between the carpet and Velcro while you position them, and then pull it out when ready to have the Velcro grab on.

'Secret' storage compartment in armrest (Ali Express)

View attachment 1024118

View attachment 1024119

Easy to install. Does what it says on the tin. Not sure what I'll use it for.

And just for giggles, an odd-ball owl-cat that gave me the stink-eye on my morning walk.

View attachment 1024120
Can always put some gaffa tape over the branding.
Maybe also on the cat.

I ordered one of those secret things too. Might put cards in there. Or something.
You can get magnetic or clip from memory.

Ik so curiosity got the better of me and i ordered some highland specific floor mats to compare to the non highland ones i bought waaaaaaay back in August when i ordered the car.

Mats arrived today kinda weirdly packaged in plastic bag…

IMG_9490.jpeg

Front passenger old (note the gap around the outside for the next pic)

IMG_9491.jpeg

Front passenger Highland specific. I might trim it and put it under the sill protector, what do you think?

IMG_9492.jpeg

Drivers footwell non highland

IMG_9493.jpeg

Highland. Same deal.

IMG_9494.jpeg

Back seat. I didnt take a pic of the old one but can confirm the new one is as snug as a bug in a rug

IMG_9495.jpeg

They do fit closer, not as high sides maybe but should still catch all the pubes.
IMG_9496.jpeg

In conclusion:

Doing reviews using an iphone sux
Older mats will fit, maybe just not as well.

If anyone in Adelaide wants the 2023 mats sing out, i dont have a use for them.

Reactions: divstar
Ik so curiosity got the better of me and i ordered some highland specific floor mats to compare to the non highland ones i bought waaaaaaay back in August when i ordered the car.

View attachment 1024325

View attachment 1024326

Front passenger Highland specific. I might trim it and put it under the sill protector, what do you think?

View attachment 1024327

View attachment 1024328

Highland. Same deal.

View attachment 1024329

Back seat. I didnt take a pic of the old one but can confirm the new one is as snug as a bug in a rug

View attachment 1024330

They do fit closer, not as high sides maybe but should still catch all the pubes.
View attachment 1024331

In conclusion:

Nice pube coverage on those new ones 👍

View attachment 1024325

View attachment 1024326

View attachment 1024327

View attachment 1024328

Highland. Same deal.

View attachment 1024329

View attachment 1024330

View attachment 1024331

In conclusion:

Those stripey matts look exactly like the ones I bought off Tessories and they fit well.

Got a bunch of stuff delivered today :
Silicone tray for phone charging area. I have pretty small phone (s23) so seems wireless charging coil is lower the in the charger and I does not charge. Thought the tray may hold it so it will not slip. It doesn't so useless for me.
1000008337.jpg

1000008338.jpg

Trays:
1000008339.jpg

1000008344.jpg

1000008345.jpg

1000008346.jpg

1000008347.jpg
1000008348.jpg

Protectors:

1000008336.jpg

Attachments